Tuesday, June 21, 2011

6 years.

Jamison and I celebrated our marriage of 6 years this last weekend. Nothing to major celebration wise. Good old dinner and a movie. Movie: Super 8. LOVED it. Dinner: Asian Star. Dinner was just O.K. Our major gift to each other this year was....wait for it.....NEW PLUMBING FOR THE WHOLE HOUSE! Doesn't get much more romantic then that. This new house is burning a rather large hole in the savings account. But, ya know, I didn't really want to shower in orange water so new plumbing for us!

But in all seriousness, I love my husband. He is my best friend.

He did surprise me with some gorgeous flowers the morning of our anniversary, and the lovely smell has made our house heavenly scented for the past 4 days.
As for his gift, a stylin new hat and shirt. Lets just call this the practical gift giving anniversary (plumbing, clothes, doesn't get much more practical than that).
We decided that sometime in the next few years the anniversary celebration should involve less house hold appliance gift giving and more beach relaxing somewhere.
Myself and my loooovvvaaaa.


Lovely flowers.


In case you care, this is the state of our house as of today. Don't you just love how I have utilized space by putting unpacked bins and boxes around the perimeter of the living room? I am hoping that sometime within the next month I will get around to unpacking them.

2 comments:

The Airharts said...

The house is looking nice so far! Happy anniversary...ours is in a few weeks and my husband will be in the jungles of alabama being beatin and starved for a 3 week army training...and I will be alone at home..your practical anniversary seems to be better then ours will be! I really am considering making the husband take me somewhere cool for a few days befor our anniversary. Pretty flowers:)

The Buckley's said...

Happy anniversary!!! You two are so cute together. Good luck with the house. I can't wait to see pics of everything when it's finished (hint,hint).