Sunday, April 27, 2008

"When I was 26 I was fabulous"

On my bday someone said to me "How old are you Jamie?" I answered "26". They said "when I was 26 I was fabulous". I thought to myself "hmmm, I would consider myself fabulous at 18, but 26? Fabulous is not the word that comes to mind. These thoughts led me to consider my hobbies.......wait what hobbies? If you consider constantly thinking about how I still need to lose baby weight a hobbie then I am really good at my hobbie. I have been considering taking a photography class, because I am facinated by photography. I find myself looking at Gallery Photographys blog everyday, just to see the creative way he photographs weddings. So I ask anyone who finds themselves reading my blog, what is a good hobby? Although I am first and formost a mom, I want to look back and remember doing more with my time then just this (dont get me wrong,i love being a mom, and its definatly not easy, but anyone who says they are happy just being a mom is lying). A woman will go crazy if she doesnt have an escape once in a while (aka, a hobbie).



And on that note, here is a pic of the munchkin performing at grandmas house. Her most current hobbies are jumping and kicking.



6 comments:

fancy ham said...

Hi Jamie,
First off, you are fabulous and will be even more fabulous while 26! It only gets better, trust me. Your little girl is still one of the cutest I've seen. We'll have to get shaved ice when I'm in SLC again. As far as hobbies, learning a language might be fun. The photography class sounds like a good idea and painting is also fun. I love doing collages and also cutting interesting pics and stories out of the newspaper. What about hiking? UT is great for that! Then you could take pictures of the beautiful world in which you live.
Take care! Fancy Ham aka J dawgs friend and new mama S's sista.

Chad and Sara said...

You are fabulous! My hobbie lately has been reading and being totally obssesed with Jazz games(if thats a hobbie?). Even though I don't have kids, working 40 plus hours a week, being active in Young Womens, and helping Chad with homework I find I don't have any me time. The photography class sounds really neat and its really nice finding something that can be your creative outlet.

Starr said...

dude take up the accordion with me! i have 2 so you can use one. haha. once the kids come it's hard to find time for a hobby. every day i think i want to do something & before i know it it's night time (then the tv sucks me in)

LeDoux said...

haha. it's true. we are getting so old! i can't believe we are getting to be 26! it's crazy. i want to meet Chase. We are thinking of a trip to SLC later this summer. I will keep you updated and if we do come you, jamison and chase need to be prepared to give up at least one evening to us!
xo

*Jane Lee* said...

Jamie, your munchkin is SO cute. Hobbies? I think when we're mom's, sometimes we forget to have hobbies other than our kids and hubbies. SO, my hobby is Stampin' Up!. I mostly make cards, sometimes "crafty" projects, but I would not consider myself crafty AT ALL. Check it out http://janeleescards.blogspot.com. If you want a girls night out once a month, I hold classes at my house and we make cute stuff. :o) Send me a note (junglejanelee@gmail.com).

-=Jane Baranowski Lee=-

Oh yeah, I'm 26 too and I feel old. I don't think we should feel "old" at 26. Remember when we had a party for you at my cabin? That was fun.

CKB said...

Happy Birthday 4 days late! I suck, I forgot to call you. Oh well, we will go get dinner soon and I will make up for it. I have been thinking lately about taking up a hobbie. Cory has hobbies, it makes me jealous. I refuse to start scrap booking. I don't scrap. I am still considering taking a tap class this summer. We should do this and together we can shuffle off to buffalo.