Thursday, May 1, 2008

Best day

Today was the best day. It all started when I was standing in line at normandie cafe to get something to eat. When it came time for the lady infront of me to order her food she says to me "you go ahead, I am waiting for my daughter". So I ordered and stepped aside, not thinking much of it. Well while I was waiting I watched this mom greet her daughter when she walked in, and give her a big hug, and tell her how beautiful she looked today, and for some reason it got me all choked up ( I am such an emotional dork). And then to top it off as they are leaving she says to me "you enjoy that little angel, they grow up way to fast."
So, it was at this moment I decided to heck with the stuff I should do today, Chase and I are going to spend the whole day having fun, and I am not going to take for granted her kisses and cuddles, which at this point in her life she so freely gives. So we played outside walking up and down the curb 100 times because now she can walk up and down stairs so of course we should do it over and over again dah, then we jumped on nannas tramp, then we cuddled on the couch and watched baby einstein, then we pretended to be trains, and I made sure to tell her I loved her at least 1000 times, because I know when she gets older I am going to miss days like today, days where I know she loves hangin with her mom.
Now she is fast asleep, and I miss her, and its so cheesy, but I know any mom can completly understand.

7 comments:

Sophia said...

I love this, I am going to go pick Deacon up out of his crib and hug him right now.

Leigh and Craig said...

That's the best post I've ever read. You are a great mom and make me really excited to be a mom!

*Jane Lee* said...

You are the best mom ever! Both of my kids are napping; otherwise, I'd hug and kiss them both right now.

CKB said...

I would kiss my kids right now, but I can't bend over. So I will just sit up and cry.

LeDoux said...

that's sounds like such a good day. i can't wait til simone can do all those things. you are such a good mom.
xo

Lindsay said...

you've inspired me! I'm going to have a "fun day" today...

Chad and Sara said...

You are such a cute mom. Your little girl is so dang cute! We have to plan something again soon.