Monday, May 12, 2008

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

So, mothers day is always a little insane for us, being that we get to celebrate it times 4 (well, actually times 5 including myself,and after reading this it does sound slightly polygamous, but alas we are not). Since our parentals are all divorced and remarried Jamison and I both have awesome moms and stepmoms to whom I just wanted to say thanks for being so amazing!!!

And on that note, as a mom I could use a little advice from all you moms out there. Chase has started going through this phase of major atittude. The dreaded temper tantrums have begun, along with hitting, and refusing to stay by my side when we are out and about. She is so independent, which could be a good thing, but it scares me when she is running up to strangers wanting them to pick her up! ahhh! Someone said to me "Well, are you giving her enough attention?" After the initial urge to smack them, I explained that Chase probably gets to much attention. Jamison and I have tried ignoring it when she acts up, because feeding into it makes her laugh and want to do it more. The doctor suggested putting her in her crib for just 2 minutes when she acts up. That doesnt work either. She is only 15 months old, so its not like there is a ton I can do. So.... any suggestions? Jamisons family is constantly telling me that he acted exactly how Chase acts, attitude and all. So, maybe its just how it is. There are days that I love her independance and days I stress about it and imagine all the horrible things that could happen because of all the freaks out there. Oh the joys of motherhood. Its the most scary, rewarding, stressful, joyful thing in the world.

3 comments:

Chad and Sara said...

Isn't divorced parents the best, NOT! My paremts aren't remarried yet but hopefully I will be lucky like you and like the people they marry. I wish I could give advice but I only have a dog so that really wouldn't benefit your situation. Hope to see you soon. That autism walk will be next year about the same time so I will let you know.

Sophia said...

Maybe you could just have another baby? Just teasing, you are such a sweet mom just try to be stern and patient and I am sure she will snap out of it.

CKB said...

As much as I would love to give you advice, I'm sure whatever I have to say wouldn't work since I have zero control over my own kids. You could always get a leash?