Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Someday

This Thanksgiving was going to be the BEST Thanksgiving ever. The best Thanksgiving I have ever celebrated....because this Thanksgiving I was going to be in Paris. But... (oh how I hate that there is a "but"), what was going to be a week long vacation, turned into a 3 day vacation, turned into a "its not worth spending 3 days in paris so lets not go." Words cannot describe how sad I am. I try not to think about it , but when my passport arrived in the mail today, I will be honest, I was crushed. I tucked it away in my drawer with the promise from Jamison that some day soon I will need to pull it out again. The one bright side to all of this is that we can now take a much needed family vaca with all 3 of us, instead of sending just me to Europe...but still this does not console me when I think about me in Paris.

6 comments:

Chad and Sara said...

I am so sorry! That is crapy. It will be fun to get together next weekend. See ya then!

Starr said...

What? You were going to Paris?! What happened?? Well, when you go now be sure to talk to me & I can tell you awesome things to do while you're there. And don't wear athletic American shoes unless you want to get laughed at right to your face.

Starr said...

Oh, p.s. is that Sara Burdette? I want to see her blog if it is, so tell her to quit being so "private" and add me! Please tell her to look at this.

Hi Sara! My email is starrats@hotmail.com. Thanks, I will add you too!

*Jane Lee* said...

This has got to be the saddest post I have ever read. I seriously might cry for you. You will go to Paris one day... I'm sure your hubby will make sure of it.

Oh, what a sad day. Perk up, just look at Chase, I'm sure she'll brighten your day. At least your computer didn't catch on fire! Oh, and the pic is not real, BUT it IS funny! :o)

CKB said...

I am crying inside for you. I was actually thinking the other day, that sometime in the next few years we should take a couples trip and go on a cruise or something. I'm sorry about Paris. One day my friend...One day.

TM said...

Hey Jamie Dawn! I got those pillows at Pottery Barn, and I believe they are now on sale! Look on line, because they didn't carry them in the store. I'm sorry to hear about your trip! But it will be more fun to be able to go when you have more time to spend there. There are so many things to see and do! Anyhow, I hope everything is going good for you guys!