Thursday, October 18, 2007

moving

So as many can tell, from my last post, Jamison and I decided to put our condo up for rent. It was kindof a spur of the moment decision. Something came our way so we decided to take advantage of it so we could move into a bigger place.
So we put up the For Rent sign, and posted our place on ksl.com, and almost immediatly we started getting calls. We had people coming to look at it left and right (which was great). We had about 6 or 7 people tell us they wanted it, and we finally narrowed it down to 2 people. A single guy, and a small family similiar to Jamison and I. My parents have some rental property so they made sure we followed all the correct procedures etc. We had them fill out rental applications, we did a background check, we checked all of there references etc. The hardest part was deciding who to rent it to. I had no idea how stressful it would be. We went back and forth for 2 days. Although it may not sound that stressful, it was! W wanted someone who would take good care of our place, keep it clean, not damage anything. All I can say is I am so glad its over! We are renting to a really cute little family so lets hope it works out.
I am going to miss living here. Mostly the area and the ward. We are living close to my parents (same ward), which does make me nervous, but Chase will have a yard and a bigger house. Lets hope it all works out.

3 comments:

CKB said...

Ah, the joys of being a landlord. Its pretty exciting watching the first home you ever owned get trashed and destroyed by someone who doesn't care about your property. Then figuring out payment schedules for them becasue they can't afford the rent AND their cigaretts, AND their dish network AND their cat AND their dog AND their 3 kids, while on welfare. Its great. Good luck to you.

CKB said...

p.s. I just tagged you

Jenny said...

That is awesome Jamie! I am hqppy that you had so many offers. Cute family pic. by the way.