Thursday, October 4, 2007

Who came up with this stuff?

So, the other night my husband was studying for a test he has coming up in his classical mythology class. He asked me to help him so of course I obliged. Little did I know what I was in for. I was not aware that there was a god who raped another god then made her eat the offspring, but as she was doing so she asked one of the offspring to cut off the balls of the god who raped her which he did. He then proceeded to throw the balls into the ocean. Apparently the fome on the ocean waves is caused by this gods balls being thrown in. From this fome caused by the balls another god was born (I cant keep all the gods names straight, so I am not even going to try). Also, the god zeus had an affair and got the woman preg. She died so he cut the baby out, then cut his own calf open, and let the baby gestate in his calf. Like, who came up with this stuff. Did the ancient Greeks honestly believe it? But the best part is when they would attack or go to war, they would hold there manly bits as they were attacking because I guess it was a sign of dominance. Jamison showed me a painting of it.......pretty funny. There is also a painting from ancient Greece of Zeus (i think), standing by an old school scale with gold on one side and his wang on the other, and his wang far outwieghs the gold. This showed how powerful he was.
Those greeks had some pretty crazy ideas. Jamison and I got a good laugh out of it though.

2 comments:

Lisa H. said...

i think i will vomit now.

boy, those ancient grecians were cRaZy!

Aimee said...

i had a greek mythology class and i remember thinking the stories were pretty out there too.

Maybe you can tell Chase these as her bedtime stories.... just kidding.