Friday, February 27, 2009

Kites, cougars, and baby boys.

A few days ago, when Jamison got off of work, I had the brilliant idea that it would be so fun for us to take Ms. Chase over the the school and fly a kite. It was kinda windy. We kinda had some troubles. The wind wasn't cooperating, and Jamison was getting tangled.
And I was freezing cold. This is my picture trying to convey to you how cold and miserable I was. When my ears get cold I get the worst headache. I decided I am going to invest in some earmuffs. (And yes, I have a dent in my forhead. Deal with it.)

This is the 2 minutes of success we had that I captured with the camra.




Then Jamison and Chase went down the slide around 30 times.

If you can believe it, that isn't even the most exciting part of this post. I know I know, what can be more exciting then unsuccessful kite flying? Well, the best part is that the next morning, bright and early, we went to the 20 wk ultra sound and found out that I am giving birth to Jamison junior. As in, its a boy. And I swear he looks just like Jamison (even though all you can really see is blurry stuff and the outline of a skeleton), that skeletal face just reminded me of Jamison. We are excited. We have no idea what to name him. I have a list of about 30 girl names I love. My boy list doesn't exist. Boy names are hard. Jamison wants to name him Bruce Wayne after Batman. I might consider it. But not really. And lets all hope Jamison is joking.This is a picture of Marin and Chelsea. It has nothing to do with anything. I was downloading pictures and forgot I had taken it a few wks back. We had an impromtu girls night out which consisted of going to red mango and then wandering around Target. While sitting next to the fire at Red Mango, we had a very deep and thought provoking conversation about how Marin should become a Cougar. The funny thing is that in order for her to do this she would have to start dating 16 year olds.

As you can see, she makes an excellent cougar. She just needs to grow out her hair so its long and stringy, bleach it a yellowish blonde color, get lots of plastic surgary, gain 100 pounds, then wear extra tight animal print clothing. I mean, don't they all look like that?

8 comments:

CKB said...

First of all, your dent makes you distinguished, just like Cory's birthmark. Both of which totally rock. Next, kite flying is awesome. Last, thank you for not posting the picture of me that looks like my mother. Marin will make us proud as a cougar one day.

CKB said...

p.s. Bruce Wayne is an amazing name. If you don't want to go with Bruce, Wayne would be an amazing name. I'm not even kidding. Wayne Darby. Awesome.

LeDoux said...

wha! wha! a baby boy. yay! for your little family. i'm so excited for you. my sister and my sister in law are having boys. so fun. and keep posting i love reading your updates.
xoxo

*Jane Lee* said...

Yay! Yay! Yay!!! Boys are fun, I will admit, but I'm SO ready for a girl or girlzzzzzz. Anyway, CONGRATS! And I think you look great! Also, I want you to know that my word verification for this post is "groper". I don't like it.

Have a sweet day!

Lindsay said...

Congrats on the boy!! How fun to have one of each. I have been looking at your blog for a little while and thought I should comment and say hello. Congrats on the baby. I am way excited for you guys.

Leigh and Craig said...

Congrats on your little boy! I find out on March 11th what we're having and am so excited!

Starr said...

Yay! Congrats on the boy. I'm am totally voting against Wayne though, sorry Chels! Boy names are hard huh. I have none, so hopefully I have all girls. I am going to stop by one of these days, I swear. Do you care if I just show up and don't call? I promise I won't look in the window, I'll just knock.

Anonymous said...

Cougars I can't relate to, but Kites and Baby Boys - yes! Our Aren is 3 years old and has done his share of kite flying for the last 12 months or so. Yep, 2 years old is a pretty young kite flier, but we have photographic proof...