Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I think I will raise my children here.


A few days ago I was reading on KSL about the 2 teenagers who were planning to kidnap and torture 2 of their classmates. One of the parents overheard a phone conversation about the planning and decided to call the police (thank goodness). ARE YOU KIDDING ME? What are things going to be like when my kids are teenagers? Honestly, I am terrified. It seems almost everyday some pervert teacher is exposed, or some crazy angry teenager with plans to kill everyone. I always thought homeschooling was one of those things that wierd people or polygamist did....but now the idea is looking more and more appealing. Either that, or private school, or taking them to a remote island where they won't be exposed to anything. Or..better yet, I think Jamison and I should just travel the world with our children. Their education will come from experiencing many different cultures. ....k, not really. I mean, I know they will have to go to school, and I have to have faith that there upbringing will give them the desire to make good decisions in life, and it does me no good to sit and worry about it, but still I do.
Just remember kids, as Whitney Housten so eloquently put it, "crack is wack".

3 comments:

*Jane Lee* said...

I heard that story on the news the other day and I said outloud,"Are you FREAKIN' kidding me?!" First of all, aren't the Saw movies rated R? Why are these young children watching them? I know that when kids are out of your site they'll watch who knows what, but c'mon! I think this is just a reminder that as parents, we all need to keep our thumbs on our kids no matter how much they hate it. I know I had to check in all the time with my parents... so my kids will too. :)

Jamie, you're awesome. I want to live on that island too.

Unknown said...

That story is insane!

On another note, I would love to live on an island and raise my children there. love it. such a dream.

Humanist mom said...

Can we come with you?