Monday, March 30, 2009

The newest routine.

Every night for the past few weeks we go through the exact same thing. I put Chase to bed at 9, she crys a few times because she gets scared, finally she calms down and goes to sleep. Jamison and I usually go to bed around 11. From 11pm to 3am is when we get out rest. 3am, usually on the dot, Chase comes wandering in and climbs into bed with us. I get up around 4am to go to the bathroom (along with a few other times in the night. I go a lot since I am preg). Then I am wide awake. To get back to sleep I either have to read, watch ipod, or get on computer. After doing one of the above for about an hour I am sufficintly tired enough to go back to sleep. Then Chase wakes up and I am exhausted and feel like I haven't had any sleep.
I hate this routine. Lets pray it stops soon. And if anyone has any suggestions for keeping Chase in her own bed, or keeping me asleep through the entire night, please feel free to share.

2 comments:

*Jane Lee* said...

Obviously this is easier said that done, but you have to keep putting her back in her bed. Luckily Max stays in his bed and doesn't come out until the morning, even if he's awake. Cameron, on the other hand, likes to get up a couple times a night and just stand in his crib and YELL! So I go in, hold him for a bit and put him back. He has me trained, but Chris and Max need to stay sleeping, so I don't know what to do about that.

Good luck with Chase.

Humanist mom said...

Stella goes through phases of this about once or twice per year. When she comes in to get in bed with us, I just have to say "You sleep in your bed, and I sleep in my bed with daddy." And I put her back. Sometimes I have to put her back in bed 10 times in a night, but you have to be consistent becasue they will totally try to test you and they know if they keep bugging you, that you will eventually give in. Just tell her that she sleeps in her bed, and you sleep in your bed and put her back. It took us a good 2 weeks for it to totally kick in where Stella quit coming in our room but it finally worked. Pretty soon she realized that she just can't sleep in our room. It will be hard not to give in, but it will pay off, even if it takes 3 weeks.