Monday, August 9, 2010

Milestones.

In case you missed all my facebook posts, or my screaming from the rooftops, or me screaming out my car window as I drive anywhere.....JAMISON IS DONE WITH SCHOOL. GRADUATED. GOODBYE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH. WE WON'T MISS YOU. PEACE OUT. we are OUT!!!
Really, if you know how long we have waited for this moment, and how hard it is having a husband working full time and going to school full time, not to mention being the husband who is actually doing it, while raising 2 young kids, then you understand our excitement. People may wonder why it took so long.
Let me break it down for you.

Jamison returns from mission.
Jamison goes to BYU.
Jamison hates it.
Jamison goes to UofU and doesn't do so well.
Blah Blah Blah....
We meet.
We marry.
Jamison starts back up at UofU with plans to be a pharmacist.
Jamison changes his mind a few years into it.
Jamison starts all over again with new major.
cut to 3 yrs later, and Jamison is done.

Can I just say that I am SO proud of him. He chose not to do the whole cap and gown ceremony, and thats O.K. All that matters is that he is done. Now we are playing a bit of a waiting game. His current employer does not want to lose him, and has created a new position specifically for Jamison to fill (a position which requires the very degree he now has). But, being that he works for a very large corporation, creating a new position, and then submitting it for the approval process takes time. So we are just waiting...and waiting, and it seems to be taking forever...but we are hoping and praying for the best. (and I really miss him right now because he is currently on a business trip. So Jamison, if you read this, I MISS YOU.)

But while we wait we celebrate! I am a poet.
We got together with all a bunch of friends this last Saturday and had a delicious dinner at Thaifoon in celebration of Jamison's graduation.
(and a funny side note about the picture taken at Thaifoon, sometimes when we get together with everyone, instead of couples sitting together, its just easier for wives to sit together and husbands to sit together. This way no one is yelling over anyone else trying to carry on a conversation. Us wives talked about many important things...like the weird and sometimes scandalous dreams you have while your pregnant. The husbands planned a spur of the moment camping trip to lava hot springs for next weekend for just the guys. I am OK with this. I hate camping.)
Before dinner we finally went and saw Inception. I really really liked it. Probably one of my favorite movies of all time. I'm not going to lie to you.



All of these pictures were taken earlier in the day. We had a family member in town, who had never been to Utah before. One of the things she wanted to do was see temple square, so we went and took a nice little stroll.
A beautiful butterfly


And speaking of Jamison being done with school, today Chase and I went to her preschool orientation. She starts next week. Will I die of a heart attack as I am attempting to drop her off for the first time? Its possible. I tend to think of every possible horrible thing that could happen to her when I am not around. Literally, it keeps me up at night. Jamison is always telling me to "turn my mind off" while I am laying in bed trying to sleep. But, I do feel better about the whole thing after today, and its clear she is going to love it. I just need to learn to let go a little bit. I may shed a few tears, but I will soon get over it, and life will go on.
That is all.

Oh, and incase you forgot, Jamison is done with school.

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Congrats, Jamison! We are so excited for you.

Sad to miss the big celebration with everyone.

I'll see about getting Scott down there for the lava hot springs trip too.

Leigh and Craig said...

Yay! Congrats JR!!! So happy you get to spend more time together.
p.s. you are a really good mom

Unknown said...

Leigh,

My name is Christina from the corporate office of Thaifoon. I stumbled upon your blog and would like to thank you for coming by Thaifoon and celebrating your husbands graduation! Be sure to tell him congratulations from everyone at Thaifoon. We also appreciate you blogging about us posting a picture from your most recent visit. To show you our appreciation, we'd like to send you some free appetizer cards so you can visit Thaifoon again!
Please send me an email with your mailing address and I'll be sure to get them to you asap :)
ccampion@direstaurants.com

Thanks again!
Christina

Jani said...

Ah, I am so so jealous of you. I will be posting something similar in the spring. We are in the same dang boat. Work full time, school full time, church callings, and 2 kids. Kill me. Thanks for the post. It reminds me that one day I will be this giddy and excited.