Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Not so "Super Woman"

It is common knowledge in my family that I am probably the most indesicive person in the entire world. I can rarely make my mind up about anything, and I am constantly changing my mind (to Jamisons annoyance). A great example of this is that in the 3 yrs we have been married I have pretty much redecorated our home about 5 times. HOW ANNOYING! I KNOW! I get tired of things so quickly, things that 2 weeks ago I absolutly loved. Because of this I have learned (and basically been told I must do by Jamison), if I see something expensive I love and I "must have", I have to wait a few days to buy it. The funny thing is that its usually a really good thing I do this, because after a few days of thinking about it, I usually decide I dont like what ever the item is as much as I thought I did.
Well, since Chase is 19 months, and incredibly tall for her age, we have decided we are going to start looking for her a bed to replace the crib. When I was pregnant with her I was working at Pottery Barn Kids, and was able to get a great deal on some cute antique white furniture thats in her room now. So I have always kept my eyes open for a bed that would match this stuff that wasnt to expensive ( I dont want to buy her a 2000 dollar bed from PB kids, nor can we afford it). So about a week ago I was at Cosco and saw this awesome twin bed, antique white, so adorable, that I thought would match her stuff.....and of course I told Jamison we "had to have it" and then I bought it. I hauled it home had Jamison haul it out of the car and into our storage, and then I got that sick feeling, that feeling of "maybe I dont like this bed as much as I thought I did, this bed I just spent a fair amount of money on, this bed I thought I loved". To make a long story short I returned the stupid bed. And the funny thing is I felt so bad about buying it and having everyone go to the trouble of helping me haul it home that I some how hauled it out of storage all by myself (it was in 4 boxes, probably about 200 lbs each) and into our car. It took me almost 45 min to do it, and while doing so I dropped a box on my foot, and am now missing a toe nail, and hurt my back so badly it still pains me to walk. I thought I was stronger than I actually am.
So the moral of this story is, I need to freaking learn my lesson already!!!

2 comments:

CKB said...

You returned it!?! I love that bed! I too am impulsive when I buy stuff. My problem is that if I decide I better not get something, I regret it for the rest of my life "if only I had bought that shirt, I would look so cute right now". But if I do buy something, I take it home and it won't fit right or I decide it isn't as cute as I thought it was and I regret buying it. Its a no win situation for me. Obviously we are family.

Chad and Sara said...

It was so fun to run into you yesterday. Chase is even cuter in person. Your story cracks me up. I don't know how many times I will almost buy something and then put it back right before we check out cause I feel so guilty. Hope the guilt wares off once Chad has a job.