Monday, September 15, 2008

What are your beauty secrets?

Yesteday me and few of the girls I work with were talking about beauty secrets and some of our favorite products. I learned some interesting things. For example, one of the girls I work with has amazing skin so I was asking her what she uses, and she told me she actually rubs ice all over her face every night and uses baby wash to wash it. I actually had a room mate in college that did the ice thing, but I have never heard of using baby wash for your face. Interesting... but it must work because she has amazing skin.
So, I dont really have any good beauty secrets, but I do have some products that I love and could not live with out that I thought I would share with you:)
For my hair I LOVE Bumble and Bumble products. Especially their styling cream and their color support shampoo. I swear if you color your hair frequently (like me) you should definatly invest in this and use it once a week. It works wonders. I could probably list about 10 other Bumble and Bumble products that are amazing but I will spare you and just say it is my favorite when it come to hair care.
I also could not live without my cetephil moisturizing cream. Its the only face moisturizer I have found that doesnt make me break out. I also love the cetephil gentle skin cleanser and body lotion. If you have sensitive skin like me it works great.
When it comes to makeup I love MAC. Maybe I am byassed because I have some friends that work for them (Chelsea and Sophia), but when I go the the MAC counter I kindof feel like a kid in a candy store. I just bought the tempting pallet and I love it. I also love there plush lash mascara.
As for delicious smelling lotion, I just got Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin from Bath and Body works, and it smells so yummy. I want to eat it. And it reminds me of fall.
If you are like me and don't really feel comfortable having a stranger wax your.....well you know what I mean, I found GiGi wax. I like it because it pretty much only takes one time, instead of other wax I have used where you have to reapply and rip it off a few times for it to actually get all the hair.
Anyways, those are just a few of the things I love:) Now I would love to know your beauty secrets and favorite products, so do share!!!
P.S. My friend Chelsea (who is an amazing makeup artist) just started a blog devoted to all things makeup, so if you need some good tips definatly check it out. www.suburbanheresy.blogspot.com

10 comments:

CKB said...

I too love Bumble and Bumble. Its my favorite thing in the whole wide world. I am also a fan of Cetaphil anything. I really wish Cetaphil would come out with face wipes. That would be great. I actually really like the Kirkland brand face wipes from Costco, I use them every night to take my makeup off. They are great.

Humanist mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Humanist mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Humanist mom said...

Okay, the last two deleted comments are from me. I keep trying to get my new display name to show up. It isn't working. Thanks for the shout-out!

Aimee said...

I have so many favorites I should probably do my own post....

Hair stuff I love Purology and Amplify. I will have to try Bumble and Bumble.

I also love MAC makeup. The eyeshadow never fails. I love their mascara too. I also like Perspectives Lash Envy mascara too.

Couldn't live w/out my Eurcurin Cream because I have exzema and my legs get so dry without the daily love.

I have more but will stop. I am so happy you shared your friends makeup blog. I will subscribe and will love all the makeup tips. I've been waiting for a blog like that to come around!

Sophia said...

I wanna hang out! Are you available wed? We could do lunch or something. Send me a message on the old blog so we can figure something out!

Starr said...

nice post! I love MAC eye shadow, but I HATE their mascara. I think the best masc. is Maybelline Volum' Express, I swear by it. I love my Shu Umera lash curler, CHI flat iron, and Matrix shampoos. I'm gonna try bumble & bumble now, thanks.

Sophia said...

What about next Wed? I work Friday. Or I could get together this Thursday at like 4?

Sophia said...

Freak I did not realize I have to work next wed. What about next Thursday? Or did you say you could not? Do you have my number still? I dont have yours anymore.

CKB said...

I'm down. That sounds really fun.