Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"As I expected. Mary Poppins, practically perfect in every way."

We woke up this morning and decided to watch Mary Poppins. Actually, I decided, and had to talk Chase into it. I forgot how much I love that movie. Definate classic. Totally reminds me of my childhood.
So far thats been the best part of the day. We attempted to go to Normandie for some delish hot chocolate, but decided against it when we pulled up and saw about 100 cars in the parking lot and the line coming out the door. Try explaining to a 3 yr old, who has been dieing for Normandie hot chocolate all morning, that all though we are here, we can't go in. Its not easy explaining it. She didn't get it no matter what I said.
Then I made the mistake of taking my mad 3 yr old and tired 7 month old to the grocery store. We ended up leaving about 10 minutes into the shopping with only 2 things on my list. I just couldn't take my kids screaming anymore (as I'm sure everyone else in the store couldn't take it either).
I miss Jamison. Although I am really glad he ended up taking the trip, I am so ready for my husband to be home. The week has felt kindof empty without him around.

2 comments:

hannah said...

It is my favorite movie of all time!!

Aimee said...

i love that movie too. i was just listening to an episode of This American Life about babysitters and they referenced Mary Poppins the whole time. I need to watch it again.

I hope Jamison returns quickly. I know how it feels to miss the hub.