Wednesday, February 10, 2010

You can call me crafty Kathy.

I feel that for the past few months I have been in a blog funk. As in, I keep thinking about deleting the blog...but then I think of all the implications. Like how the few people that actually read it will no longer have my blog to read and how heart broken they will be. I mean, how will they go on?
But seriously, I feel a disconnect with the blog. Kindof like facebook. I don't like how I find myself checking facebook on my phone like 30 times a day. I mean, I say "who cares that Sally can't decide what to make for dinner tonight, or that Betty should have known better than to wipe her butt..." I don't know. Clearly I am speaking nonsense, but you know what I mean. Its like a drug. I hate/love facebook.
Back to the blog. I talk myself out of deleting it because I think that yes its for the posterity, and I keep hearing about people making their blogs into a book (which I think is cool because I do not scrap book, nor do I want to). But will I really do the whole book thing?? Most likely not..but then again maybe.
So for now I am undecided and will join the forces of millions of Mom's who post about their creative ways of staying sane.
Example:
A few months back I walked in Emily's home and saw some awesome flowers which were made of fabric. She got the idea from Pottery Barn Kids. I asked her to show me how to make them, because I to had noticed them at PB kids but didn't want to pay $18 for a flower. She taught me the ways of flower making. Now everyone and there dog want some....so come this summer you and your dog can purchase some...but more about that later, and pictures to come later.
Anywho, after making lots of flowers I decided to branch out and try my hand at making Chase some hair accessorys. Who knew I could actually be one of those crafty people that actually makes things? Its blowing my mind.


My messy craft kitchen table station. With so many flowers in the making who has time to clean?

My first attempt at making this particular hair thingy. Turned out good. Totally copied it from one I saw at Babinski Baby.

Totally created this on my own...not sure how I feel about it.

My beautiful hair accessory model

Also, while crafting last night I watched Lost. Damn that show has me hooked, yet could it be anymore confusing? I was seriously going to not watch this season and just wait for it to come out on DVD. So much for that. Jamison was asking me all these questions about what was going on, and I simply told him that explaining it would only confuse him. All I know is it better be worth it and not end in some lame way.

Thats all.

6 comments:

Aimee said...

DON'T DELETE THE BLOG! DON'T DELETE THE BLOG! How else will we keep in touch so far away?

Cute flowers. Oh, Lost. I am Lost.

CKB said...

Yes, please don't delete your blog. It's one of my favorites. Also, I would like to be put on your list for these flowers. I am not crafty, I will never be crafty, so I plan on purchasing your craftiness.

Jessie said...

Yo Crafy Kathy,
Nice job on the crafts. Do you think I can purchase some of those flowers pre-summer?

Holly said...

I agree w/ you. I can't seem to justify spending $18 on a flower that maybe matches 1 or 2 outfits. Those are so cute so let us know for sure when they go on sale. Also, DON'T delete your blog, I love looking at your two cuties! :)

larastrong said...

Jaime,
I loove!! your vases!! I need you to show me how to do those..or I will buy from you. let me know!! So cute!

larastrong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.