Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Anniversary, Happy Fathers Day, Goodbye Pier 1.

This past weekend we celebrated being married for 5 years, Fathers Day, and me quiting my job. Friday afternoon Jamison's brother David called us saying he could get us a room up at Westgate Lodge in Park City for the next 2 nights if we wanted (David works there)...and hell yes we did. We so needed a mini vaca being that the last few weeks have been insane with trying to get packed up to move, and everyone being sick. In fact our little weekend get a way was sandwiched between a crazy week and whats soon to be a crazy week. Can I just say that moving sucks. I mean really, I hate it. So, needless to say, this weekend was a much needed breather.
The two love birds celebrating 5 yrs.

Funny story, when we first got up to the Hotel and checked in, we were walking down the hall trying to locate our room number. We finally came to the very end and there is was: 1800...but then we stopped in wonder. Presidential Suite? Whaaaa? Could it be? This great deal David got us was for the Presidential Suite? Turns out it wasn't. Our room was basically the left wing of the Presidential Suit. We didn't have access to the whole thing (although the first night the doors to the suite were left wide open with no one staying in it, but no matter how hard I begged I couldn't get Jamison to let us just sneak in for one night).
But regardless our room was still awesome, and we owe David for hooking us up.

Here we have Jamison wearing the complimentary robe. His only complaint was that it wasn't shorter. Dang.


The second night of our stay we brought the kids up. Of course we couldn't do Fathers Day without them. I couldn't resist snapping this shot of Jamison and Cohen zonked out together. I mean really, when it comes to being a Dad, Jamison is the best. There are times I can't help but just stare at him in wonder interacting with our kids. No words can express how happy it makes me.

Mr. Cohen. Swinging. Shorts hiked up. Chubby legs.
Oh how I love him.

I had to include this pic of Chase. The reason being, she is going through this weird phase of not smiling normal when someone tells her to smile. Its like she gets nervous and reverts to this weird lips tucked under smile. So when I had my camera, and she was doing just her normal Chase smile I had to snap a shot before she realized what I was doing.

We also did lots of swimming.











Sunday night Jamison's sister Beckie and Bro-in-law Steve did a Father's Day dinner at there house in Midway. It was also a going away dinner for Jamison's Dad and Step -Mom Laraine. They are going on a mission to Georgia, and are leaving next week. They will be gone for a year, and they will be missed:(
They have a great backyard, which Chase loves. She climbed on the rocks, ate her dinner just chilling on the rocks....
pretended to be "lion king" on the rocks.


Oh, and what does this picture have to do with anything? It was only taken before my last shift worked at Pier 1. Really I have worked there longer than I care to admit. It is time to move on to bigger and better things, meaning I am going to be a full time mom for the time being. Really nothing could make me happier.I would so love to go back to school, but that is something that can not even be thought about until Jamison is done..in August.
With him focusing on finishing up and not having a nervous break down, and me trying to make the whole move go smoothly, things are crazy.
August can not get here soon enough.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Happy 5 years! That is a big milestone in the life if a married couple I think. Looks like your weekend was dreamy and Scott and I wished Jamison's robe was shorter too. :)