Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Dance demonstration

When Chase turned 3 I decided to sign her up for dance classes,only because it was so clear that the girl loved to dance. It just so happened that a friend of mine had decided to open a studio in the Salt Lake area around that same time. My friend is an amazing dancer (she graduated from the U of U with a masters of fine arts degree in Modern Dance), and that is just the tip of the ice berg. The girl has danced all over the country and is insanely good, so I immediately new that this is where I wanted my daughter learning the art of dance.
I am so glad we signed her up. Every week she looks forward to her class, and when its over doesn't want to leave.
Since today was the last class until the summer semester of classes start, her teacher invited all the parents to attend so that the kids could do a demonstration showcasing some of the things they have worked on and been doing in class the past 6 months.
It was awesome.
Chase is a spaz.
That is for sure.






Here is a small clip I took of her dancing (she is the one in the black leotard).
I love that when Ms. Kim yells "freeze!" it takes Chase awhile to decide what pose to freeze in.
As you can see she quickly goes through a few poses before she decides to settle on one.

No comments: