Monday, January 17, 2011

My girl turns 4.

This weekend we celebrated the 4th birthday of the one and only Chase. My girl.
Really truly honestly I can't believe that she is 4. I can't believe how fast time has gone by.
It happened so fast. Literally we woke up one morning and she seemed older. The way she acted. Her mannerisms. This person she is becoming, the person she will grow into is becoming more apparent every day. It amazes me.
Oh how I love her and want to squeeze her every second of every day.

We celebrated on Saturday by having a swimming birthday party at the local rec center with her little friends. Then Sunday we had family over for cake and ice cream.
I have heard it said that some parents rotate the birthday parties. As in, one year the child will get a friend party then the next they will do just family. I like this idea (at least while the kids are younger). It can be overwhelming doing 2 parties in one weekend. Thinking we may start doing this little tradition next year....maybe.

Anyways, here are some pics documenting the 2 day celebration.

Chase with her aunts Ady and Alyx on the day of the swimming party.

Chase with her new bike and doll house. Just so you know, when I picture what hell is like, I picture it being like the night Jamison and I stayed up until 3am building that dollhouse.
It was so insanely complicated and annoying building that thing. Good thing Chase loved it. I suppose that made it worth it.


Chase's favorite moments of the weekend were getting her new bike, swimming with her friends, and her Dad making her green french toast.
We celebrate special occasions at our house by making our food awesome colors.


This is a video I took today with an app I just got called 8mm vintage camera. Wanted to try it out. I'm not loving how this particular video turned out, but whateva. Mainly I just love that sweet little voice.

2 comments:

The Airharts said...

Seriously, when they turn 4 they really do seem so much older! PS-I think that chase looks so much like jameson in that video!

The McGraths said...

Had the same he'll 2 christmas' ago when we did the same thing with the same damn dollhouse! Chase is adorable!