Thursday, March 10, 2011

Near panic attacks

Chase modeling her brand new sunglasses.

The other day, in the early morning hours, as I was attempting to get the kids in the car to get
Chase to preschool on time, the school bus drove past. The one that picks up the kids in our neighbor that are in elementary school. Chase always gets excited when she sees the school bus, and has to remind me every time that she is so excited for the day that she gets to ride in one. Yikes. I don't like thinking about putting her on the school bus and sending her on her way to be gone for half the day 5 days a week. It literally gets my heart beating all fast, and then I hurry and attempt to think pleasant thoughts that don't include putting my little girl on a school bus. WHY the frack am I worried about this? It is ridiculous, I know, but holy crap it ain't easy coming to terms with my girl growing up. As I sit here and really think about the situation, there are a lot of bigger things to worry about when it comes to raising a daughter. Her riding a school bus should not be one of them.

And speaking of panic attacks, last night I met my husb downtown for dinner at The Pie. As we were sitting there waiting for our salads and pizza, I look over and notice Cohen is chewing on something. I finally get him to spit it out, and turns out he is chewing gum......that he pulled off of the wall behind us......that someone, who knows how long ago, had chewed then placed on that very wall. It was disgusting, and the only way I could really enjoy my evening after that was to pretend that it never happened.

But it was real, and very unfortunate.

2 comments:

Lisa H. said...

chase is so adorable.

already chewed gum at the pie. gross.

The Buckley's said...

I was so worried the day I sent my Lauryn on a bus to kindergarten. I ran and jumped in my car and drove to her school to make sure she made it there ok. After I saw she was ok, i learned to love the bus! She will LOVE it!

We have a gum story too. We were at ikea and Braxton was walking around chewing cinnamon gum. I have never bought cinnamon gum before in my life. Ewww!