Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Chase's first day of school.

Today Chase started school at her new preschool. This is her second year of preschool...then next year KINDERGARTEN. Yikes. I can't believe how fast 4 years have come and gone. Do I really have a 4 yr old? It blows my mind how fast she is growing.

She was very excited to start school again, and to meet her new teacher. After I got home from the parent orientation a few days ago Chase was asking me questions like, "What color is my teachers hair?",  "How long is my teachers hair?", "Was my teacher wearing a dress?". Apparently she was mostly concerned with how her new teacher looked.  She did great today when I dropped her off...and so did I, not like last year where I called Jamison crying because I couldn't believe I had just dropped our little girl off at preschool. Looking back it seems beyond ridiculous, but I think its pretty common for Mommas dropping their first child off on the first day of school. This second time around I was a little sad, but mostly excited for her. The only thing she had a hard time with was the fact that she couldn't take her backpack. This new preschool requires tote bags instead of backpacks. Major Bummer. Guess the strawberry shortcake backpack will be closeted for the year.


3 comments:

The Airharts said...

Oh my gosh, she gets cuter and cuter every day!

Humanist mom said...

Chase is frickin adorable.

Alyssa said...

she is one stylin' girl. So cute!