Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Attack of the gigantic pumpkins

Earlier this year my husband planted a garden. In it he put tomatoes, strawberries, and a variety of peppers. When he found out his Mom had an extra pumpkin plant, he decided to plant that also. As you can see in below pic, it has now overtaken our entire garden, and is beginning to take over the yard. Not only is this freaking plant incredibly large, but it is sprouting HUGE pumpkins as well (we are obviously pumpkin amateurs, being that we had no idea it would get this big). The below pumpkin I have named Jerry. Jerry is getting bigger by the day. I am hoping he will survive until October. Have no fear. As the summer months leave us and fall approaches, I will keep you posted on Jerrys progress. I am very interested in seeing how big Jerry gets......

1 comment:

The Airharts said...

Wow, how exciting!!!! I planed tomatoes and watermelons, but cant seen to keep the damn bunnies from eating them! I loved those things before I had a garden! Maybe one day!