Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The highs and lows

I am incredibly sore, my boobs hurt, my hormones are totally out of control, and its all 100% worth it. All I want to do all day is kiss and smell Cohen's chubby little cheeks. I love watching Chase interact with him. I love that she trys to imitate Jamison and I with the things she says to him. If I let her, I think she would hold him all day long. It has taken some getting used to...this whole having 2 kids thing. A bit overwhelming at times (to say the least).
The hardest part will be tonight. Why? Because Jamison is spending the night at the hospital. Did I mention he is getting his appendix removed? He was up all last night in excruciating pain so off to the ER he went this morning. Turns out he won't be back until tomorrow. Nice timing huh? It will be very interesting without him here. I still haven't quite gotten down the whole handling 2 screaming kids thing. I am just praying everything goes well with Jamison's surgery and I will have my husband back soon.
So, heres to hoping Jamison's surgery goes well, and that I don't have a nervous breakdown tonight:)
(Also,I must say thanks a million to all the people who have brought flowers/food! I am convinced you all have some secret plan to keep me pleasantly plump with all the delish food you have been bringing.)

9 comments:

The McGraths said...

I'm sure you will do great! Just remember to breathe deeply! :) I hope Jamison gets better.

The Airharts said...

geeeze, I cant get over how stinking cute he is! Good luck to Jameson and you, that is bad timing! If you need any advice on being alone-just call-I'm pro now!

Humanist mom said...

Oh man! That sucks. I'm am starting to feel better, but I still have a stuffy nose. I am going to bring dinner by though, or maybe I could bring you guys lunch or breakfast or something. I will call you tomorrow. I hope everything goes well and I would be happy to take Chase for a little while and she can come play with us so you can rest, Stella would love that. I'll call you later.

The Buckley's said...

COngrats!!!!!! He is so dang cute! He looks so much like Jamison. I can't believe he has to get his apendix out. How horrible. Good luck!!!!

Aimee said...

I love his cute little legs.

It is 1:54 am my time and I hope you are sleeping soundly and that Jamison is home before you know it.

Radical Richmonds said...

what a BEAUTIFUL little boy!!! ive been meaning to come by and bring you dinner... we are leaving tom to newport beach and will be gone all week so when i get back i promise to come visit!!! i gotta come see this darling little guy! good luck to J and please call us if you need ANYTHING!!! :)

Emily said...

How crazy I swear this is a tv show story line not real life... Hang in there! I hope everything went well.

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I have to admit that sometimes I just have to blog-stock you to keep up on what's going on in your life. I just wanted to say CONGRATS on your darling baby boy! And you are right - he looks just like I remember Jamison looking. And what a bummer, Jamison, about your appendix. I hope all is going well with both of your recoveries. Love you guys, Aunt Patti

fancy ham said...

How did the surgery go? Your lil man is super cute, and the little lady is as well!