Monday, October 19, 2009

Days of endless conversation

It started today at 6:30am. Right when Jamison got up to head to work she was awake....talking, asking, telling, and explaining. She told us all about lightening, fireworks, pillows,and pirates. I tried to talk her into going back to sleep, and she told me no. She started jumping on the bed singing her ABC's. I told her to stop. She told me she would only do it for 3 more minutes. And its not just how she says it, but what she does while shes saying it. She tilts her head to the side and shrugs her shoulders, like that will make it O.K. And usually it does make it O.K. I think my favorite conversations are the ones I have with this 2 (almost 3) year old munchkin.

I have been looking into different pre schools for her. It kills me. I hate the thought of dropping her off at preschool. I tend to imagine the worst. I think about mean kids, mean teachers. Will she have fun? Will she cry when I leave her? It literally keeps me awake at night thinking about all the worst case scenarios. I just want to keep her with me forever, nice and safe...but I know thats impossible. I think thats the hardest part of being a parent. Realizing as your kids get older you can't shield them from all the painful, scary, or hard things life might throw at them.

And its only preschool.

Imagine how I will unravel when she leaves for college.

2 comments:

hannah said...

Try and get her into Kinderlove with Miss Denise based in Holladay, She is the most wonderful woman in the world. If you don't believe me you can get a second opinion from Aimee!!:) Miss Denise will subside every fear!

Aimee said...

Amen to Hannah. My aunt is amazing and has a reputation for being the nicest person ever to walk the planet besides Jesus. Her preschool is the downstairs of their home off 39th South and just east of 23rd.

Her number is: 801-272-8441