Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fall Break

Jamison has this whole week off of school. It has been so nice. He is actually home everyday at 4:30ish, instead of 9:00 at night. How wonderful life will be next June when he is done, and I get to enjoy this Mon-Fri.
In celebration of having him home with us, tonight we decided to go out to dinner, make carmel apples, then walk to the Halloween house. "What is the Halloween house?" you ask. Well, our neighbors go ALL OUT every Halloween with there Halloween decor. They decorate the inside and outside of there house every year so amazingly I can't even begin to describe it...so I took a few pictures. The past few years they have gone with a pirate theme. All the detail they put into it is incredible. Sound effects and all. I feel like I am on the Pirates of the Carribean ride everytime we walk down there (and we walk there daily because Chase loves it so much).

Making the carmel apples (which I must say, we used Honey Crisp apples, and they were amazing)


The end result, which we let cool while we walked down to the Halloween house.

When ever we walk there, Chase insists on dressing up. This is her witch costume from last year.


We told Chase to stand next to this scary guy and make a scary face. This was her "scary" face.

We came home and ate our apples. Well, Jamison and I ate our apples, Chase mostly licked/scraped all the carmel off and ate that minus the apple.

It was a fun night. We are wanting to do it again before the Halloween season is over... Whos in?

5 comments:

Humanist mom said...

I'm in!

Aimee said...

hmmmm yum.

hannah said...

Looks so fun. We love Halloween houses so we will have to try and find it next time we are in Salt Lake.

Starr said...

Oh I forgot about that house! We are going there for sure. Plus we are making caramel apples tonight with honeycrisp too! Ever since you mentioned that I have been craving it, I guess you too ;)

You Are My Fave said...

It seems like the closer it gets to Halloween, the more kids I see at the grocery store with Spiderman costumes on. It's the best.

Of course I don't mind that you added my blog to your faves. Who would?