Monday, October 26, 2009

Whats up with us?

Well, nothing extremely exciting....and yet today I felt like posting an undate.

Me!! : My life consists mostly of hanging out with my two munchkins, and coming up with new and creative ways to keep them entertained daily. I have been discovering lots of blogs with cute crafty things to do with your kids....but I will save that for another post. After Mr. Cohen was born I stepped down as a manager, but chose to stay on as just a part time associate which means I work about 4 hrs a week, which is pretty pointless. I keep wondering if I should look for another job, but honestly its so nice to hardly ever work, but at the same time have a few hours to get out without the kiddos.

On a totally different subject, I just finished re-reading the 7TH Harry Potter book. Um, how do I not recall how heart renching it is from the first time? After watching the last Harry Potter movie I wanted to re-read it because you forget how much stuff they leave out of the movies. Am I the biggest nerd ever? Its possible. Do I want to be Harry Potter for Halloween? No. Now I am reading The Historian. Just started it last night, so I can't yet say if its good or not.

Which brings me to the question of the week. What should Jamison and I be for Halloween? We are going to a Halloween party on Fri where the best costume wins a prize (but not literally). We are debating between Jamison being Axel Rose and me Slash, or, Jamison being Mike Myers, and me being some chick with pig tails he kills. Apparently its a specific scene from one of the Halloween movies, but like I would know anything about that. Jamison is the expert.

Also, we FINALLY sold our condo. Being landlords kindof sucked. I'll be honest. It was really hard finding good renters, so we would go months at a time without tenants until we found someone we trusted. Luckily we had some good renters over the few yrs we owned it...but with how crazy our lifes are right now it was just to stressful. So, goodbye condo! I won't miss you.

Jamison: His life is insane. All he does is go to work, then go to school Mon-Thurs. Friday he actually gets to come home after work. He will be done next summer. It can not get here soon enough. He says he is to old to skateboard still. This is a lie. A LIE! He is also a pumpkin growing farmer. We have about 9 pumpkins on our front porch, one of which is as large as our house. Jamison grew them all. He is going to carve the ginormous one when he has time. I refuse.

Cohen: This little guy is now 3 1/2 months. He is a chub. He loves to babble and coo and blow bubbles, and concentrate really hard on bringing his hands togethor in front his face,then trying to eat them. He is a minnie Jamison through and through. Red hair and all. Although he has really blue eyes which is wierd since Jamison and I both have brown. I think they will change eventually. He has the cutest laugh ever in the world and everyday it is my goal to get him to laugh out loud at least once.

Chase: Where do I even begin with this girl? First she is insanely tall. She looks like a 4 yr old. She is actually 2 1/2. As I have previously said we are looking into different preschools for her. I must say I am beyond proud of her. As some people may recall she was in speech therapy for almost a year. The only reason being she just wasn't talking for awhile. Whether it was speech apraxia, or the fact that she just didn't want to, I don't know. But now you would never know. She talks NON STOP. All day. She no longer qualifies for speech therapy. To determine this the speech therapist did some testing on her, which not only tests her speech but other areas as well. She blew us all out of the water! I have come to realize that while she wasn't talking she was observing the crap out of everything and remembering all of it. She tested in all areas WAY above her age range. So, yes, after the worry of "why the heck won't she talk!?" I am very proud of her. She does have a nemesis named Becham. The funny thing is that when they aren't togethor they talk about each other like they are the greatest of friends, but whenever his mom and I get them togethor they fight like there is no tomorrow. I think it means they will probably grow up and get married. She loves Halloween, and reminds me daily. She loves to fix my hair, then tell me I look crazy. If you ask her a "why?" question she isn't sure about the answer she will say "Because, ummm, I love ya". I think her favorite things are jumping on the tramp, and dancing, and dressing up.

So there you go.

3 comments:

hannah said...

Jamison is NOT too old to skate!

Jessie said...

Love the updates. I like the Axl/Slash idea. You'll have to post pictures of the pumpkins and family in costumes. What a lovely life you have!

The Airharts said...

Great post! I wsa just thinking that I needed to do a post where I actually write something(most of the time I am just to lazy) this is a good update idea! Cant wait to see pictures od the big pumpkin!