Friday, October 30, 2009

snow, snow white, sleep, and a really good book

Snow? Really? I don't know that I am ready. This is a pic I took with my iphone of Chase outside Target a few days ago enjoying the snow fall. She loves it. She keeps telling me "Lets get a huge snowflake". Umm, OK.

We had our ward Halloween party 2 nights ago. Pure insanity. Chase and candy do NOT mix. To much candy = major tantrums. So unfortunatly Jamison and I will be eating all the candy from the party, and all the candy she will be obtaining tomorrow night.
She loved dressing up as Snow White and getting her makeup done. Cohen was a monkey. He lasted about 2 seconds in the costume, so I didn't get a picture.
(Did anyone watch The Office last night? I liked Jim's costume...and Kellys. Hilarious. 30 Rock was equally as funny.)


Since I was a bad Mom and didn't get any sort of costume pic of Cohen (theres still tomorrow), here we have Cohen asleep. Do you want to squeeze his cheeks? Me to. I find it funny that ever since Chase was born people constantly say "Wow, she is so tall". When people see Cohen they say "Wow, he eats really well doesn't he." Yes, yes he does.



And if any of you lovely people out there are looking for a good book to read, The Historian comes highly recommended. I am only about 1/2 way through,but so far, I am hooked. Why? you may wonder. Well, it is about vampires, specifically Dracula (trust me when I say it is nothing like Twilight...much much better). It is a mystery, and the whole story unfolds all across Europe and a few other places, all of which I want to travel to even more now, after reading this book, than before (if thats possible.). I love the way the author, Elizabeth Kostova, describes all the different locations the book takes place in. Trust me when I say you to will be wanting to catch the next flight to Istanbul, or Paris, or Amsterdam, or Rome when you are done reading.

Now I am off to make carmel apples for the Halloween party we will be attending tonight. I am going as a butterfly, and Jamison is going as himself, but the version of himself that was in a horror movie spoof we made with friends a few yrs back. Does that make sense? If not, pictures to come in a few days.

2 comments:

The McGraths said...

Her costume is beautiful! WHERE DID YOU GET IT? (Opps Caps attack!) Cohen is such a cutie! Have fun tomorrow night!

fancy ham said...

I checked out The Historian on tape and it is good good good. Some books just don't cut it on tape, but not this one! Thanks for the recommend.