Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sometimes I wish there was a handbook.

Today I almost had a nervous breakdown, infront of lots of people while at the mall. I am fairly certain that some sort of demon possessed my 2 yr old daughter. Picture if you will, me desperatly looking for an outfit for Cohen to get his pictures taken in (why are there no cute baby boy clothes?), all while Chase is screaming at the top of her lungs that she doesn't like me anymore and she wants me to leave, while kicking the diaper bag repeatedly off the stroller, then picking up my phone, which I mistakenly put in one of the cup holders, and hucking it at me. I was literally trying to hold back the tears. People were staring. I felt like I was on Nanny 911, and everyone watching was thinking "that poor mother, I am so glad MY kids aren't like that." I only say that because whenever I watch that show, thats what I think. In my face I guess.
We left the mall, and I sat in my car and took a few deep breaths, and was beyond greatful that Cohen slept through the whole thing. I could not have handled 2 screaming children.
I then turned around, and told Chase "We have to have a talk. You can't act like that. You can't scream like that at Mom. It hurts my feelings, and makes me angry at you."
She then told me, "Its not your fault Mom. I tired."
I couldn't help but laugh. Here are some pictures of the perpetrator. Do not be fooled by the sweet smile. If you tick her off, and theres anything around she can lift, she may attempt to throw it at you.
Please be warned.

2 comments:

The Airharts said...

Oh I have those days too-last month my 3 year old was laying in the middle of the road, in a giant puddle in front of the library..I drug her to the car with one arm-then yelled like a 3 year old- at my three year old-at least you kept a calm voice through it all!

Sophia said...

I hate that feeling so bad. You feel so out of control. I love her response, so sweet makes the situation a tiny bit better!