Sunday, November 1, 2009

Spooktacular Halloween

I am sad the Halloween festivities are over. I must say it is my favorite holiday. This year our friends Nick and Lara threw a Halloween party at their cabin the night before Halloween. Everyone was supposed to dress up...and although I must say I think Jamison and I had the least creative costumes, my butterfly makeup was the coolest (of course thanks to Chelsea). Jamison was basically himself, dressed exactly how he had been dressed in a funny horror movie we made with friends awhile back. We thought it was a cool idea...until we saw everyone elses freaking awesome costumes.
Playing games. Mason is the one wearing the pink robe. You can't tell from the pic, but he was dressed as a "never nude" the cut off shorts are under the robe. If you have watched Arrested Developement you will know exactly why I thought that was the most hilarious of the costumes. If you have never watched Arrested Developement then go do so immediatly.


Here is Emily. She is Kristin Wiigs character in the one of the funniest SNL skits ever. Devin, her husband, was Lawrance Welk. When they walked in she sang while he blew bubbles on her. If you haven't seen the skit, you must go watch it here.

Here we have Spencer. He was Soul Man.

Keller and Melissa. They were characters from Friday Night Lights. The funniest part of that was that they were the only ones there that have actually ever watched that show, so no one could figure it out unless they explained.

Preston and Tara as our President and First Lady.

And in honor of Patrick Swayze, we have Nick dressed as Patricks character from the famous Swayze/Farley SNL skit. I didn't get a pic of Lara, but her costume was equally as awesome. She was Julia Child . And of course Jamison...as himself.

Unfortunatly I didn't get pictures of everyone that was there. Just trust me when I say everyone looked awesome in their costumes.

On Halloween we hung out with the Fam and trick-or-treated. Chase had the time of her life going house to house collecting candy. Cohen just hung out all toasty warm in his monkey costume.











Happy Halloween!!!

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Fun!!! Thanks for the recap. Sad we weren't there. Our costumes would've been lame though since we aren't creative when it comes to Halloween.

16 days.

Emily said...

Thanks for recapping a wonderful evening! I love Halloween!

15 days

hannah said...

Your kids look so cute. Glad to hear you had fun. We were sad that we could not make it on friday.