Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Dancing in wellies, and a finished bedroom

"Hey Cohen, check out my awesome shoes. You like? Well watch how I dance in them. 5-6-7-8"
The real question is why the crap do I take pictures of her dancing, when I should be taking a video?? Sometimes when she dances it reminds me of the dance moves Micheal Cera does in Super Bad while hes singing to those dudes..you know the part??
Last night I was watching So You Think You Can Dance. Its the one show I like that I can actually watch in real time with my kids. The reason being Chase likes to watch and imitate moves.
This is what she did when I said "pose!!"

Here she looks like she is missing an arm.




And below is Chases finished bedroom. She has had her twin bed for almost a year now...with no bedding. I mean she had bedding, but a mismatched hodgepodge of whatever. I had this plan to have my Grandma make her a quilt and pillow shams for her bed, thinking that would save money and be cool, because it would be a one of a kind heirloom type thing for Chase. What I soon learned was that to buy all the cute fabric would be just as expensive as buying a premade quilt, and also my Grandma hand quilts everything....so we would be looking at it taking months and months for the quilt to be completed. So needless to say, I finally gave up on the dream of the quilt and just bought her one. But I like it. And I know no one reallly cares what her bedroom looks like, but I was proud of the finished product so I wanted to share. This is Chases side of the bedroom (Cohens has yet to be completed, or even started for that matter. Hopefully someday soon we will be in a house with more bedrooms so I don't even have to worry about it. )

This print is my favorite part of the room. I purchased it at this Etsy shop which I love.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love the room! Sylvie has the same quilt on her bed...so you have good taste!

Humanist mom said...

Super super cute! Love it!