Saturday, December 19, 2009

Whats a Mom to do??

So, Ms. Chase Emma is almost 3 (Jan. 16). As I have posted before, this is stressing me out because it means she is growing up...AND...its time to start school. I HATE the thought of just dropping her off somewhere. I'm not going to go into all of that again..since I already have shared my worries with you in a previous post. My dilema now is trying to figure out where she should go to preschool, and when she should start. The annoying thing about her turning 3 in Jan, is the fact that she missed the Sept deadline to start preschool this year, which means she may have to wait 8 months to start preschool. Which brings me to the option of the "young threes" program. That is an option our school district offers for kids that miss the deadline, but whos parents want to put them in preschool anyway. Which brings me to the other dilema. There is a specific teacher and class I want Chase in within our school district..but the teacher only teaches the 4 yr old class, which means I need to find something else for her first year...but What??Where??And is it best for her to start as soon as she turns 3, or should I just wait until Sept??? I am constantly hearing from parents who say preschool is a waste and to not even worry about it, AND parents who say that she should be in preschool immediatly. Then theres the whole private preschool thing which is hella expensive. I mean I just don't want to pay 200 a month for her to go to preschool.
Jamison tells me I stress way to much and to just relax and not worry. I know he is right, but yet I still continue to stress about it constantly....and its making me want to pull my hair out.
If you read this blog, and if you know of any really good preschool teachers within the Granite School District (besides Mrs. Figge, everyone and there dog have already told me about her and she only teaches 4 yr olds), then please, do share.

1 comment:

hannah said...

Miss Denise in Holladay. I started Amira in Pre-School in September and she turned 3 in October. She is sooo wonderful. For more information ask Aimee!