Monday, February 14, 2011

Rain Or Shine, Will You Be Mine?

Today I celebrate my 3 Valentines: Jamison, Chase Emma, and Cohen. They are my world.

Jamison and I have never made a big deal of Valentines day. Usually we just do a little something for each other and the kids, and if possible, go out to dinner (which sometimes isn't possible with the 2 kiddos) and I'm OK with that. I have to mention the fact that we have got each other some real doozies when it comes to V day gifts. One year, maybe 7 yrs ago when we were still dating, I got him a 12 pack of coke with a gas gift card taped to it. That same year he got me the vhs tape of the movie Sweet Home Alabama. We still joke about how awesome (and by awesome I mean awful) both of those presents were. Luckily our Valentine gift giving skills have improved. Today I woke up to the greatest letter from my hubby. That letter meant more to me than anything he could have spent money on.

Since going out to dinner wasn't possible tonight, Jamison took a long lunch at work and we met up for some delish lunch eating....and I was able to steal an afternoon Valentines kiss.

Muuwaaaaah.

Look at him. Just look at him. He makes me happy.

Along with these 2 munchkins. They are the cheese to my macaroni.

He always has rosy cheeks. I should have dressed him up as cupid and taken a picture. But not really.


Do you think Cohen showing the world the food in his mouth is cute?
No?
Well, I think its adorable so you may just have to deal.

Yesterday one of Chase's little friends had a Valentines party for all the little girls in the neighborhood. We were told on the invite to dress up in pink (and come ready with a sweet tooth, which for Chase was so not a problem). This was the best we could do when it came to dressing in pink. She doesn't have a whole lot of pink stuff...except for the tights she is wearing. When I went to take this picture of her she said to Jamison in the sweetest voice "Daddy, will you please come be in the picture with me?". So here they are . Jamison and his girl right before her Valentines party.



These were right after the party. Hence all the chocolate around her lips.


Now my friends I have a question.
These Valentines, pictured below, are some Valentines that Marilee, Jamison's Mom, saved from when she did a Valentine exchange in elementary school (about 50 years ago). I love them. I wish they made them like this still. Anyways, I have been trying to think of a way to display them for Valentines Day. I couldn't come up with anything this year. They are very old, and I don't want to handle them to much, or do anything to ruin them.....so I need a good idea. Have any good ideas of a creative way to display them?

Anyone?

My favorite one is the little elephant. On the front it says "Rain or Shine Be Mine.", and on the inside it says this:
I thought it was very sweet.
I wonder who Judy Bailey is.
If only she new that the valentine she gave out all those years ago would be featured on my little ol'blog....

2 comments:

fancy ham said...

This is very cute Jamie but I would expect nothing less from you. Love the old cards too, Starr has a few classic ones and I inherited my grandmas card box. But there is only one awesome one in there and maybe I will send it it you on your anniversary. Which is when?

Starr said...

I have a few rad old ones from Mikes Granny! They are sooo cute. I have always just had it magneted to the fridge! It's too cute to hide. I'll show it to ya when you come over. PS When are you coming over???!