Sunday, April 24, 2011

Give that boy a horse to ride and a tractor to drive, and he will be happy.

Last night we went to my Dad and Step-Mom's to celebrate all the April birthdays in our family. Going to my Dad's for Cohen is pretty much the equivalent of going to Disneyland for anyone else. Being able to sit on and play with my Dad's tractor for 45 minutes, followed by a 45 minute horse back ride is heaven for this kid. Pretty sure he did not stop grinning once.
Took some pictures with my phone to document the perma grin. We were trying to pretend that it was actually warm enough outside to ride the horses.



Alyx (my little sister) riding Traveler

My Dad leading Traveler around while Chase rides.


Chase, Alyx, and my Dad watching Ady ride. Also, if you can't tell from my Dad's awesome camouflage hat and coat, he is a hunter. My Dad is pretty much John Wayne circa 2011.


The horse whisperer aka Cohen. Words can not describe how much I love this picture of him. If we would have allowed it, he would have ridden (rode?) that horse around and around and around all night long.
He kept patting the horse's mane and saying "Hi!". The whole ride that adorable grin did not leave his face once.

2 comments:

CKB said...

So...I don't want to be too forward or anything, but can we come ride horses with you at your dad's house sometime? Because I'm pretty sure I would win mom of the year if Stella got to ride a horse without it being at Gardener Village.

Sam and Shauna said...

I love your blog! Riding horses looks like a ton of fun. You guys are lucky! I sent you an invite to my blog.