Monday, May 9, 2011

Wherever you are my love will find you.

I wanted you more than you will ever know,
so I sent love to follow wherever you go.

It's high as you wish it. It's quick as an elf.
You'll never outgrow it....it stretches itself!

So climb any mountain...climb up to the sky!
My love will find you.
My love can fly!

Make a big splash! Go out on a limb!
My love will find you. My love can swim!

It never gets lost,
never fades, never ends.....

If your working, or playing,
or sitting with friends.

You can dance 'til your dizzy, paint 'til your blue.
There's no place, not one, that my love can't find you.

And if someday your lonely, or someday your sad,
or you strike out at baseball, or think you've been bad....

just lift up your face, feel the wind in your hair.
That's me, my sweet baby, my love is right there.

In the green of the grass...in the smell of the sea...
in the clouds floating by...at the top of a tree...
in the sound crickets make at the end of the day...

"You are loved. You are loved. You are loved,"
they all say.

My love is so high, and so wide, and so deep,
it's always right there, even when you're asleep.

So hold your head high and don't be afraid
to march to the front of your own parade.

If you're still my small babe or you're all the way grown,
my promise to you is you're never alone.

You are my angel, my darling, my star...
and my love will find you, wherever you are.

-Nancy Tillman
from the book, "Wherever You Are My Love Will Find You", I highly suggest you purchase it, if you don't already own it. One of my favorite children's books. I feel like it describes a Mother's love perfectly.

Being that Mother's Day was yesterday it must be written how grateful I am for my Mom. She raised me by herself. Growing up it was just me and her (before she met and married my fabulous Step-Dad). She worked hard so that I could have a good life. So that I could go to college. Some of my favorite memories growing up are the trips just her and I took together. Just the 2 of us. Hawaii, Mexico, California. And now she is an amazing "Nanna" to my kids. They adore her.

To Jamison's Mom Marilee, we miss her so much. Life is not the same without her. It does not seem fair that she is no longer here with us. I hope my children always understand the love there Grandma Marilee had for them.

I am blessed to have had so many great "mothers" in my life. So many women that have had such a huge influence on me. My Grandma, aunts, friends Mom's. I love them all. If I could, I would give them all a big hug and tell them "thank you".

I want my children to know how honored I am to be there Mom. I hope they never forget how much they are loved. That no matter where they are, or what they are doing, my love will always be there.

And for Marilee, yellow daisies. Yellow was her favorite color.

My Mom with some of the grandkids.
(Chase wouldn't be in the picture unless Jamison held her, and even then we couldn't get her to look at the camera.)


And to all the ladies who read this post, I hope your Mother's Day was fantastic. Whether you have children, want children, or are an influence in the life's of someone else's children, just know that you are amazing, and beautiful, and appreciated.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

1 comment:

Humanist mom said...

This post was wonderful, I teared up a little :) Your mom looks gorgeous in that picture!