Monday, May 4, 2009

Are you kidding me with this?


The only good parts of today were the very beginning, and the very end. Everything inbetween kindof sucked. I woke up bright and early for a doctors appt. I drop Chase off at my Mom's, and then head to my prenatal visit. My doctor's office is up in the avenues (near LDS hospital), so its not like its really close to my house. Upon arriving and telling them "I am here to see Dr. Cannon" I am met with a look of confusion. Today is Dr. Cannons day off, and come to find out my appt is actually tomorrow. Nice. I head home. I decide to stop off at The Children's Hour (a very cute childrens clothing boutique). I leave, and I kid you not I had not driven a block when I realize I am getting pulled over. According to the cop I was going 50 in a 40. But this doesnt make sense. I didn't have time to even accelerate between pulling out of my parking spot, and coming to the stop light. I mean, I drive a toyota 4runner, so its not like I can go 0 to 60 in 2 seconds. But this is not whats so bad. Whats so bad is that this is the third speeding ticket I have recieved in about 4 months. Traffic school here I come! (and I will be fighting this last ticket).

But..amongst all the crappiness that was today, there were a few good things.

These lovely blossoms I discovered while in my back yard. They were actually growing on the tree in my next door neighbors back yard. I figured I was entitled to some, since my day had been so bad. So I walked over and cut some off (he wont even notice. its a big tree).

Then I headed up to my Dad's to give my little sister her birthday present. She just turned 9. My sisters are a lot younger than me (obviously), but they adore Chase and she adores them, so its always fun going to see them. And yes, my Dad is kindof a cowboy (Jamison will be so proud that I admitted this), so Chase will never have a lack of horses to ride.
YEE-HA.

3 comments:

Humanist mom said...

I'm sorry you had a crappy day. You should have called me when you were in the Bluffdale area. We could have hung out for a minute.

Chad and Sara said...

Remember when Staci, me and you went to Park City when we were in College and you got pulled over by that cop once we had parked in the parking lot. I am so sorry you got a ticket.

Sophia said...

Good for you for finding the good in a bad day. And of course you deserved those branches!