Sunday, May 24, 2009

Awkwardness and other random thoughts



I wish I wasn't so self conscious. Today at church I realized that the cute little girl that was visiting our nursery was actually the daughter of an old friend. When he came to pick her up I realized that it was his daughter, and I said hello, and we got to talking about the good old days..how we went to a high school dance togethor, and other shananagans we were involved in back in the day. But when I first spotted him I got that nervous feeling. You know the one, when the first thought that entered my mind was "I am fat and pregnant, and I really don't feel like running into people I went to highschool with. Maybe I should just hide and hope he doesn't notice me." But after I had that thought, I thought "screw that". He was a good friend and I felt like catching up with an old friend. But there are many times I have avoided people because I am so self conscious. I tend to feel awkward. That is my first random thought.


These are pics of Chase playing in my Mom and Step Dad's yard. We live right behind my parents. There are pros and cons to this. Sometimes its hard living so close to the parentals. Thats all I have to say about that.

Also, I will be giving birth to a baby boy in less than 2 months, and so far he has about 3 outfits and thats it. I still need bedding, basinet, stroller, and more clothes. When I was pregnant with Chase I was all gung ho about getting everything ready. When she was born she had a bigger wardrobe that Jamison and mines combined. Her nursery was totally decorated (bonus of working at PB kids at the time), and we had about a years worth of diapers already. This time around I keep forgetting I need to get stuff ready. Sad, but true. Chase and baby boy will be sharing a room for about the first year of his life, so I need to get that all worked out (which reminds me, if anyone has any good suggestions for decorating ideas on combining a girl and boy room let me know).That was my third random thought. Something else totally random...I have about 50 pictures of Chase jumping on the tramp. Guess I need to ease up on that.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I relate to the awkwardness. When you're fat and 32 and still single, it's totally awesome running into people you went to high school with. I love that feeling. :)