Thursday, August 20, 2009

Is my child a vampire? Jamison wishes.

So, do you see that lovely bruise on my arm? That beauty is from Chase biting me tonight, because I made her put her skirt back on, because we were at Gallivan Center with hundreds of people around and I didn't want my daughter running around skirtless.
The past little while, when Ms. Chase doesn't get her way she proceeds to try to either hit, scratch, kick, or bite me. We do time out, she crys, she says sorry and that she won't do it again. Cut to a few hours later when I try to make her do something she doesn't want to, and the whole process starts over again. I am open to suggestions in getting her to stop this behavior. She is incredibly stubborn, and the only way to get her to do certain things is to trick her into it, but as she gets older and wiser that gets harder. Someone suggested I put tobasco sauce on her tongue next time she bites me....yeah, don't know how I feel about that one.... but if anyone as any other suggestions I am definitely open to them.

4 comments:

The Airharts said...

oh, I'm a mean mom...I put hot sause in hadelys mouth when she spits at me...it for the most part worked after the second time I did it. She really isnt much of a biteer-biter(who would I spell that-I'm an idiot)Dont you love those moments when you loose control of your kid in public and you are that mom you never wanted to be...you know the one who's child ia CRAZY and your only option is to let them be crazy or beat them...but you cant beat them in public...so you let them beat you instead....then you both look crazy. I hate it! Good luck!

jamie said...

hmmm, maybe i will try hot sauce next time chase tries to bite me....but knowing her she will like it, and them ask for more.

CKB said...

Aren't these crazy phases fun? I didn't know Chase was biting you last night! I don't really have much advice except I just wanted mention this book I read a few months back. It is called "Have a New Kid By Friday". The guy who wrote it is kindof self righteous, but the information in the book is really helpful. We have been trying to use the techniques on Stella, and I think it is working. It is a pretty easy read and full of useful information. Anyway, that is all the advice I have. I wish there was a book that had all the answers. Like "How to stop temper tantrums, 5 easy steps to creating the perfect child"...

Lisa Newman said...

Hey, how are you? I found your blog through Cindi and am loving catching up on your life. We have a blog too, but I'm not very good at updating it anymore. I'm due with my second girl in about 4 weeks, so maybe after the baby I'll get back on track.

As for advice, I had a friend who would put her little girl in a cold shower for a minute (you have to deal with wet clothes) but then that method evolved into squirting her in the face with a squirt bottle. It sounds weird, but I think it worked for them. After one time, they only had to threaten her with the punishment.

Good luck!! and our blog is:

Sophienewman.blogspot.com