Monday, August 10, 2009

This is only temporary

Last night I had the best dream. I don't remember all the details but I know I was on a beach somewhere. And I know that in the dream I was incredibly relaxed and content. It was one of those dreams where you wake up and get that sinking feeling, because you realize it was only a dream. These days our lifes have been pretty stressful. With Jamison going to school full time, and the arrival of Cohen, and trying to sell our condo, and basically just trying to stay on top of everything, I have been pretty stressed out. I find I have to remind myself constantly that this is only temporary and that things won't always be this way. I keep telling Jamison that we desperatly need a real vacation...which I am sure I don't need to be reminding him. He knows. This past week I have been thinking back to all the places my Mom and I traveled when I was younger and it was just me and her. I don't think I appreciated it as much as I should have. Yesterday I was telling Jamison about one such place and my desire to take him there. But doing that requires time and funds, and right now we don't have much of either. Just one more year of this craziness. I can make it. Then who knows....hopefully this time next year I will be relaxing on the beach.

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Hang in there. Before you know it, life will be settled and you will look back on this time when you are laying on the beach and it will have its own kind of magic.

Humanist mom said...

I feel you! Cory and I waited 7 long years before we went anywhere exciting without the kids (during that time I think we went to St. George once without the kids). It was well worth the wait, we loved every minute of Hawaii. In one year, Jamison will be done with school and Cohen will be old enough to be left so you and Jamison can go on a much needed vaca. Start planning it now or you will never go!

The Airharts said...

you know, you have someone to stay with really close to a beach! Tickets are really really cheep right now...we would love to have you here!!!

LeDoux said...

oh boy this is so my life. in fact. i have reservations at a resort in florida for next may. and i'm not taking any children.