Friday, April 30, 2010

Today I realized what he meant by "that look".

As I was lugging Cohen around church last Sunday looking for someone, a certain gentleman in our ward approached me and said "You know, both of your children have a certain look."
I replied, "Let me guess. The look of Jamison? I hear that all the time."
He said, "No, they both look like they have a very juicy secret that only they know, and they aren't planning on telling anyone."
Interesting. I had never noticed that before...until today. Every time I looked at Cohen, he looked back at me with this look. This look that said "You are so naive lady. You have no idea the havoc I can cause. Don't believe me? Watch this"...as he proceeds to smack our T.V screen showing me that yes, if he tried hard enough he could knock the whole thing over.
I mean look at this picture. Thats a smug face if ever I saw one.
In fact I got an even better picture of his smugness, but I look similar to a rhino in the photo so I chose not to post it.

Chase on the other hand...I haven't noticed a "juicy secret look" about her (as this man so weirdly put it). It seems all she wants to do these days is pretend to either be a dog, a lion, or a dinosaur. Lately she is also obsessed with spiders, worms, and snakes as in she wants to pick them up and shove them in my face.
Today she kept bringing up dinosaur poop. Not sure why. Probably that weird episode of Dinosaur Train she watched a few days ago that talked about dinosaur poop and all the great things that can be found in it. Eew.


Super Guy to the rescue!!! Thats what Chase likes to say when she is pretending to fly.

Here is our dog...I mean daughter Chase. I know that sounds bad, but if I let her, she would be outside all day long with nothing but her underpants on, pretending to be a dog. And if I refer to her as Chase, she will tell me "No, mom!! I'm a dog!!"

Cohen hates the grass. If I need to set him down on it for any reason, there has to be something for him to sit on. If he is on grass directly he screams.

It also seems that he is close to walking. I love watching him cruise around holding on to this thing. You would be surprised at how fast those little legs can go.

Today we also drove around looking at homes for sale. It seems we are in a state of uncertainty about where we will be in the next few months. We have a few options...if only we could decide which one is best....
I hate making big decisions.

No comments: