Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Whats mine is now yours...apparently

Here I am, posting from a borrowed lap top. If things were as they should be, I would be posting from my laptop about my husbands birthday, and our fun filled Easter weekend. Nope. All because some idiot human being who has no sense of right and wrong, and thinks its ok to steal things that someone worked hard for. I came home from running errands a few days back to find our front door obliterated, and many of our belongings missing....our laptop and my camera included. All our pictures. Gone.
But to tell you the truth, the thing that bothers me more than the missing stuff, is the fact that a complete stranger was in our home, our bedroom, going through our things. Ever since it happened our house just hasn't felt the same. I can't quit shake this creepy violated feeling. I hate it. All of our things can be replaced, but how dare this person come into our home and feel they have the right to do this!! Besides the fact that they were also in my kids bedroom. It makes me want to hurt who ever did this. Badly. Luckily one of my neighbors did see something, and luckily the police were incredibly nice and helpful about the whole situation (I was pretty shaken up at first).
Anyways, as a result of this I have learned a few things.
1. Everyone should have an alarm system in there home. It doesn't matter where you live, or what time of day it is. If someone is desperate, they will break into your house.
2. If you have personal documents hidden in your home, they are not hidden well enough. Everything should be locked up.
3. You should always be aware of your surroundings. If you see a suspicious car in your neighborhood, or a car in your neighbors drive way that isn't normally there, always jot down the licence plate number. I am very greatful for our neighbor who noticed an out of place car in our driveway.


The one good thing that happened that day was the Muse concert. I loved it. I love Muse. They are sexy and so is there music.

(Also, as an added precaution, sometime within the next few weeks I will be changing my blog address and title. If you are someone who reads this blog, and would like to continue reading this blog, please leave me your email address, and when I get all of this worked out I will email whoever with the new blog address.)

17 comments:

Holly said...

I can't quit thinking about you since I read what happened yesterday on facebook. I can't imagine how you feel! Keep me on your list when you cahnge your blog. h_princess_77@hotmail.com

The Airharts said...

Seriously, so crapy! Add me to your list, you should just make your new blog private and leave this one as an updater like mine it-it makes me feel so much better about posting things personal! Keep us posted on if they find them!

The Airharts said...

oh, i forgot, my email is missyairhart@hotmail.com

larastrong said...

How terrible- I am so sorry, that really sucks. Nick and I were really sad to have missed Jamison's Birthday dinner- and for missing Bunco- I feel like it has been forever since I have seen you. I will help send bad karma to that terrible person who broke into your home. Let's get together soon.

Humanist mom said...

chelseabagozzi@gmail.com

Also, I love your post, it is so very creepy and I hope they find whatever idiot stole from you. I'm seriously considering an alarm system now and also thoroughly enjoyed the muse show. Very entertaining and had to seriously fight the urge to be the strange drunk woman swinging her arms and slam dancing into everyone yelling "WEWWW!"

The Buckley's said...

Oh my gosh that is horrible! I am so sorry. I want to be able to keep reading so add me please. kimmybuckley@gmail.com. Sorry! Sorry!Sorry!

Starr said...

Assholes! That deserves a swear. So sorry that happened to you.

starrats@hotmail.com

Leigh and Craig said...

That sucks so bad! I'm so sorry that happened to you. I am so sad about all your pictures. I still want to read your blog...leighroy99@yahoo.com

Sophia said...

What a bummer and oh so creepy. keep me on your list sbickmore@hotmail.com

*Jane Lee* said...

junglejanelee@gmail.com. Don't forget me!

Manda said...

I can't imagine the feeling of having a stranger in your house. It's a good thing you and the kids were not at home when it happened, things can always be replaced it just sucks.

please let me know when you change your blog manda_ann1@hotmail.com

Jani said...

Ah, that is so lame. Sorry. I love the blog. janibeenfield@hotmail.com

Jani

Erin said...

So sorry about your stuff getting stolen... NO fun!! I like seeing pics of your cute kids!! erinnel@umich.edu

Lindsay said...

I am sorry about all your stuff. HOpe they find who did it!! I would love to keep looking at your blog. lstonehocker@gmail.com

mel or kel said...

Sorry, this really sucks!! We have talked about getting an alarm now and renters insurance. I would like to continue reading your blog.
mdsoffe@gmail.com

Jake's mom said...

I'm so sorry! I can't imagine how violated you must have felt! :( I read your blog. My email is candi.garfield@gmail.com

TM said...

Hey Jamie Dawn! I would love to keep looking at your blog! taysiaann@hotmail.com