Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Confessions

Today:

When I woke up this morning I could hear muted voices in Chase and Cohen's bedroom. Lately when Chase wakes up, she doesn't wake me up. She instead gets some books and climbs into Cohen's crib and proceeds to read to him. Its actually kind of nice. When I walked in, with my camera at ready, Chase was reading Love You Forever. With every page turn she would say "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be."
I must say, it was a good start to my day.

After breakfast, I sat down to check my email etc...and then it hit me like a large painful brick. I agreed to speak in church on Sunday. Just typing that sentence got my heart racing. I DO NOT like speaking in public, in front of large audiences. I have to speak on motherhood since its Mothers Day and all on Sunday. Why do I so readily agree to these things?

So, instead of checking email I start researching talks and things that I can include in my talk. I came across this talk by Sheri L. Dew. Loved it. But still, it didn't change the fact that I would almost rather get another kidney stone then speak in church. Kidney stones are more painful than child birth. I know because I have experienced both. Maybe that should be my talk.

"Good morning brothers and sisters. Kidney stones are more painful than child birth. Happy Mothers Day. Amen."

After attempting to come up with something to talk about, I realized the morning was gone, and I was still in my pjs in front of the computer while my children were destroying my home around me. So I decided to put it off.

Whats wrong with this picture? I will tell you. Cohen is pulling all my pewter dishes off this shelf, and Chase is watching Sponge Bob in Cohen's walker. Its at this point I realized its time for a picnic.
Picnic time!!!

Bat, bug catcher, and sidewalk chalk. She is good to go.


Wearing Mom's high heels. Don't be jealous of our ghetto backyard. If you try hard enough, you to can have a ghetto backyard.






I decided to cheat for our picnic and get a happy meal for Chase at Mcdonalds. Don't judge me. She eats healthy 95.7% of the time.

On the way she wanted to listen to Perfect Day by Lady Antebellum. Yes, I confess, sometimes I listen to country music. Sometimes I am ashamed of it, but sometimes I can't resist a feel good country song. Jamison pretends he doesn't know I sometimes listen to country. Its better that way. I just consider myself very well rounded when it comes to music.

Also, I like hearing Chase belt out:

"A perfect day.
Wish I could find a way to stay
Lost in this moment now."

Its awesome.

Now, its nearing the evening and instead of working on my talk, I am once again on the computer while Cohen pulls dishes off my shelf.

Peace out.

3 comments:

Sophia said...

I love latte bowls too! You have some darling orange ones that I now need.

Humanist mom said...

Hey, at least you don't have to speak in church with a huge hickey and a bandaid over it on your neck.

jamie said...

Wait a sec....I did!!!
The whole time I'm talking I will being thinking I am greatful that this time around I don't have a hickey.

Thanks for the reminder.