Friday, May 14, 2010

A few random tidbits.

Its pretty common knowledge that organic food is expensive. That is, unless you are growing your own garden fresh fruit and vegetables. Alas, Right now we do not have a garden.
While I am at the grocery store I often wonder if I should be buying everything organic?? Or if there are things that it doesn't matter as much???

While surfing the interwebs this morning I came across this website, with this cute little printable cheat sheet. I printed one for myself and plan on sticking it in my purse and consulting it when I go grocery shopping. (apparently there is also an app for this...but I prefer the cute printable version).



Right now I am about half way through the book Little Bee. I must say it is a good book, but it makes me depressed. Depressed because I find myself blown away at the things certain human beings are capable of, but also amazed at how resilient humans are capable of being. (did that sentence make sense?). This book has made me think that we must all have some secret store of strength that we don't even know is there until we have to deal with something that would seem unbearable.



And speaking of having to deal with the unbearable, the past few days I can not stop thinking about this story. It breaks my heart. To think of what this innocent 4 year old child had to endure. Also, I keep thinking about this boys biological father, and how he had no choice but to send his son to live with his mother ( who in my opinion does not deserve to be called a mother), and now his son is gone, beaten to death by his mom's boyfriend, and she did nothing but take pictures with her cell phone. No child should have to endure that. Thinking about it just makes me want to hug my kids and never let go.
My heart goes out to the biological Father. I can only imagine the hell he is living right now.


1 comment:

Humanist mom said...

My heart breaks for little Ethan. He reminds me of Stella with his cute little glasses and smile.