Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day 2010


I must say this has been a very nice weekend. Jamison took Friday off of work, and we decided to take the kids and walk around Temple Square. It was GORGEOUS. Hello!! The flowers are amazing!! Good place to just let the kids run, and enjoy the scenery and nice weather at the same time. We also did lunch at the Nauvoo Cafe in the Joseph Smith memorial building. Didn't even know that place existed (the cafe that is) until we walked past it. Had a very yummy chicken pot pie.
Then Friday night was Bunco night. Us girls get together the first Friday of every month to get our Bunco on. Good times were had...as usual.

Saturday Jamison took me to breakfast at the Dodo for Mothers
Day (YUM!), then we went and saw Iron Man 2 (way good!), then Jamison's Dad and Laraine had us out for dinner. I feel like I am getting fatter by the minute eating all this good food.

Then there was today. Yes, I spoke in church. Real glad thats over with. Then we did dinner at Jamison's Moms. The kids had a great time playing in the little metal tub in her backyard (see below picture). Its amazing how something so simple can entertain them for so long. And I also realized I could probably just sit and watch my kids for hours. I find them that entertaining (but I do realize I am most likely the only one who could do that...other than Jamison).
Then off to my Mom's we went. Then home. Now the kids are in bed and I just want to stay up and watch a good movie, then read my really good book (Little Bee). Also, I have a confession. By "good movie" I mean Practical Magic. Yes, I like that movie (its the one with Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman, and they are witches. Really I just want to live in the house they live in with there aunts in the movie), but its Mother's Day, and I should get to watch what I want...right? I realize I will get made fun of. I am Ok with that.








Cohen and Uncle Dave. Its good to have him back from Hawaii. Also Cohen tearing it up in the metal tub.


Helping Grandma Marilee open her Mothers Day Present.


Yellow roses are one of my favorites.

And my favorite Mother's Day gift. Shoes!! Thanks Jamison! I love.
I must mention, I have got some amazing women in my life...all of whom deserve to have an amazing Mother's Day.
My Mom, Grandma, Mother in laws, friends.
I love you!!!

1 comment:

CKB said...

Beautiful post, and beautiful pictures! What a lovely weekend. Let's get together again soon, our children enjoy each other.