Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Its fall up in here.

It is fall and we are la la la loving it. We have been to a few different pumpkin patches, carved lots of pumpkins,baked fall goodies, read our favorite fall/Halloween books every night, and routinely watched our favorite Halloween movies (Hocus Pocus, Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, and the old Ichabod cartoon).

Chase rotates her old witch costume and new witch costume almost daily. Why not let her dress up every day? She loves it. We miss living by the Halloween House, but since my parentals still live down the street from it, we still find ourselves visiting it regularly.

Today as we were driving down 33rd Chase freaked out when we passed that little nursery that gets turned into a pumpkin patch every October. She insisted we stop. I thought, "Why not? I am not opposed to more pumpkins."

Oh. My. Hell.

The first few minutes there were great. Chase and Cohen were running around, Chase was picking out pumpkins, posing for pictures, loving all the cute Halloween decor they had. Then some guy that worked there walked up to me and was like "you need to come show your daughter this bride lady."

Not thinking anything of it, we walk over. Its this weird creepy Halloween bride (almost life size I might add), with her head down. This guy keeps telling Chase she needs to walk right up to this lady and look at her beautiful face. As I am sure you have guessed, when you walk up to the bride she puts her head up and screams in your face. Chase and I both screamed louder than either of us have ever screamed before in the history of Jamie and Chase screams. I started laughing, Chase started bawling. From that moment on she refused to even move. She was terrified.

I wanted to punch this guy in the face for thinking a 3 yr old girl would be into some zombie bride screaming in her face. (but I am not opposed to going back and purchasing said zombie bride when we have a house. I can only imagine the awesomeness of putting her in our yard, and letting her terrify everyone during Halloween festivities.)

I paid for my pumpkins, picked up my terrified girl, and we made our way out of there.
(and btw, I was holding Cohen through all this, and it did not scare him in the least. He did smack my face when I started laughing. Thats about the only reaction we got.)

Anyways, back to fabulous fall.

Chase posing in 2 yr old witch costume with her new pumpkins. Also, I enjoy white pumpkins.

Awesome pumpkin patch in riverton.



We are pumpkin carving fools.


THIS is the pumpkin patch on 33rd. Picture taken before my daughter was scared to death.

Halloween cupcakes.

Cohen enjoying a honey crisp apple, which can only be purchased during the fall months. They are the best apples I have ever tasted. If you have never tried them, go buy some immediately before they are gone. Also, if you didn't notice, he enjoys hanging out in Chase's doll stroller.

Our favorite Halloween and Fall books.


Talking witch.



Chase heading to Ella's house wearing her to small witch costume.


I have a list of a few things we want to do before Halloween is over. If anyone wants to join us we would love it:) These are all family friendly things that kids of all ages can attend.

1. Garden After Dark up at Red Butte Gardens.
2. Haunted Heber Valley Railroad ride. Saw on the news how fun this is, and its recommended for the whole family. Kids of every age. I guess there is also a great little pumpkin patch thats fun for kids near where the railroad is.
3. Little Haunts and Haunted Village at This is the Place Park.

Who knows if we will get around to all of that, but I am sure going to try. Anyone done any of these things? Are they as awesome as they seem?

Anywho. Thats all for now.
Happy Fall:)

3 comments:

Holly said...

So fun! Other than the LOSER that made Chase cry. I love this time of yr as well & I'm having a hard time getting people out here wanting to go do things like that. When we come to SL we should seriously go do something fun & fall-ish w/ the kiddos.

Humanist mom said...

Those all sound really fun. On Thursday I'm taking the kids to "Ride with a Witch" at Gardner Village. Do you want to come meet us?

Sophia said...

I wanna go to something with you! For sure!