Thursday, December 9, 2010

From mullet to bowl cut {updated}.

(let it be known that I totally thought it was called a bull cut, until my husb and I were just laying in bed and he's reading this blog, and asks me "whats a bull cut?", and I'm like "what do you mean?". Then he corrected me and we laughed really hard about it for a few minutes. Hello Jamie! I need to get more sleep. Then maybe I won't be so idiotic all the time)
This is my mischievous little man doing one of the many mischievous things he does. Crawling in the dryer. Unfortunately, in these past few months we have found ourselves with a mischievous little man with a mullet. I am all about chopping the mullet, but really I am in love with Cohen's red curly hair, and I guess I wasn't so much seeing a mullet as I was seeing long luxurious curls.
My bad.
When we went to St. George over thanksgiving the mullet provided some good entertainment for the whole family.
(See below mullet/pony tail pics).
After the mullet laughter had died down I realized it was time to chop the luxurious curls (aka mullet) off, so when we got home thats just what I did.
Hello mullet pony tail.

Front shot of mullet. Total party in the back.

Good bye mullet.

I am not a hair stylist. Surprise! My whole thinking was that I would just chop off the mullet then attempt to clean up any stragglers and his hair would look good as new.
Not smart.
I cut his hair WAY to short and now it totally looks from the back like he has a slightly grown out bowl cut. Remember when those were cool in the late 80's/early 90's?
Welcome to 2010. They aren't cool anymore...yet my son has one (and its hard to tell from the pic I took, but its the best I could do). Jamison was not pleased when he first came home and saw it.
But we have learned that the hair on the back of his head grows super fast (lesson learned from mullet. Thanks mullet).
I mean, I took this pic almost a week ago, and already his hair is starting to grow out.
Needless to say Cohen's hair has remained a source of entertainment for us all. Well, I guess its my mad hair cutting skillz that are the entertainment now.
And luckily Cohen is so very handsome his hair matters not.

k, bye.

2 comments:

The Airharts said...

hold on...back up-I swear on my life that it is a bull cut...maybe your husband is worng and you just have a lot of trust in him...I really think it is bull...I'm google-ing it right now....oh my gosh!!! He is right-that is crazy that we both thought that it was a bull cut. I bet a lot of people think the same thing. haha. PS-I just found out that a praying matis is'nt a prya mantis...and that a hunger pang is'nt a hunger pain (which I think is so stupid-it makes much more sence as a pain) anyway....haha-funny funny

CKB said...

Ahahaha, bull cut. I used to think it was a bull cut too, until I started hair school and the instructor put a "bowl" on top of someone's head, to show us how to give one. Then I thought "oooooh, I get it!" I think the bull cut confusion has to do with living in Utah where people don't pronounce their words correctly. Ie: Mou'n (mountain), cah'en'wood (Cottonwood), and a bull of cereal.