Monday, December 27, 2010

One of the best Christmas presents I have ever received.

I don't know if I have ever mentioned on this blog what an amazing artist my little sister is.
She is only 11. Her talent blows me away.

About 6 months ago I told her I wanted her to paint me something. She told me she would be happy to, but that in order for her to do it I would just need to give her an image or two to show her what I had in mind. I gave her a couple images and told her "This is the look I am going for, but work your magic and do what you want." I wanted something vintage and girly looking.

I hadn't thought much about it after I gave her the images. So on Christmas I was very surprised to open my present from Ady and find this amazing painting inside.
I am not even kidding you, I got a little choked up. I was blown away. I was so touched.

One of the pics I gave her had some books in it, so she incorporated the books into the painting, but she gave them titles that weren't in the original pic. I love the titles, and I love that she put "Little Women" in there, because it is one of my fav books/movies.

Anyways, I could go on and on about how much I love this painting (and you should see all the other ones she has done A.MAZ.ING). As soon as we got home I hung it up. These past few days I have had moments where I found myself just standing there staring at it.
I love it and will cherish it forever, not only because it is so good and 10 times better than anything I could have ever imagined, but even more so because my amazingly talented little sister painted it just for me. I mean, like I said, she is only 11. I can only imagine what the future holds for her amazing talent.



I don't feel like the pictures I took of the painting really do it justice. They make the painting look darker than it actually is.....but they will have to do.

4 comments:

Humanist mom said...

Wow, that is incredible! What an amazing talent, what an awesome gift to receive. Very very impressed!

Lisa H. said...

wow, so beautiful!

fancy ham said...

Eleven year old talent that good?? AMAZING! I'm so glad you said you stand in front of it through out the day because I would do the same thing too. Glad you had a good holiday, sorry I didn't stop by your beloved grandmothers. Hope to see you before I move to So. Cal. Next time your at your moms call me!

Starr said...

Jamie I showed this to Mike and he said Whoa she is so good for 11!

Homemade gifts are the best! As you get older you realize how much better they are than a stupid thing-made in China!!