Thursday, October 9, 2008

My favorite time of year


I love love love the fall. I love the colors, I love the weather, and all the fun traditions that come with fall and Halloween. Last week I busted out The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, and Chase has insisted on watching it everyday since. I have been dieing to watch the old Sleepy Hollow cartoon, but I cant find it anywhere. The Johnny Depp version will have to do. I love me some Johnny Depp.
Anyways, back on topic here...some other things I love about fall....carmel apples, homemade donuts, my grandmas homemade chili, taking Chase to the pumpkin patch, Halloween movies(only the not to scary ones) etc, etc.

There is a house just down the street from us that goes ALL OUT for Halloween. I have always thought that excessive holiday decor was tacky, but I love this house. We walk Chase down there every night. A few years ago they started doing a pirate theme, and play the pirates of the carribean theme song (from the ride). If you are in the area and want to get in the Halloween spirit, take a stroll past this house .You will love it .
(my picture doesn't do it justice)






And with the new season comes a new Jamie (dont you love my transition). After 4 years of wearing glasses I have finally come to terms with the fact that I have horrible vision and contacts would just make more sense. You see, this way I can actually wear the cute hats I buy without my glasses getting in the way. I have the urge to run my glasses over with my car, but I will refrain because I am sure they will come in handy when the contacts get old.

3 comments:

CKB said...

Mmmm...I too love me some Johnny Depp...

Starr said...

K we absolutely love that house. I forgot it until you mentioned it. I'm going to take Lennon to see it! Maybe we can visit you too.

Leigh and Craig said...

You are so adorable. I also loooove the cartoon Sleepy Hollow movie. It is really hard to find, though. If you find it, let me know.