Friday, October 31, 2008

Priceless

Every holiday (and I mean EVERY holiday), Chase gets a cute vintage style card with a 2 dollar bill, and a little note in it from her Great Grandma (my Grandma) Nelson.She has been getting these cards since the day she was born. I put all the cards with all the 2 dollar bills in Chase's baby book hoping that one day when she is looking back at all of her baby memories she will know how special these cards and bills are.
My Grandma is awesome. Did you know that in the past 5 or so years my Grandma has become a world traveler? She has been EVERYWHERE! Yes, it is hard to imagine her trecking around the world, but she does it! She just slaps on those birkenstocks and shes good to go! One day I want to go somewhere with her (and take lots of pictures because she never takes pictures!).
So, this post is dedicated to my marvelous Grandmother! For taking me to get 711 nachoes, renting movies with me, spyteching with me, sharing books with me (I get my love of reading from her),hanging out with me, having the most infectious laugh I have ever heard, and for all the other priceless things she has done for me and my little family. She has been through a lot, and taught me a lot, and is pretty much the coolest Grandma I know.

4 comments:

CKB said...

Yay for Grandma!!!

Sophia said...

That is so sweet. I love that you have saved every card.

fancy ham said...

It took me a minute to figure out you were talking about Del Monte, until you mentioned the world traveller bit. I love Della May as much as my own mom. She laughed at mine and Jessie's eat poo shirts in high school. I feel bad each time I visit SLC and don't get a chance to see her. Talk her into moving into a one level place, grandkids are often good for that. You are definitely lucky to have her as a grandma and next time I'm there I'm stopping by to see her for sure. Actually, if you guys plan a trip maybe Jessie and I could go too!

Jessie said...

I forgot you had a blog until Shannon e mailed me that you blogged about Grandma. What a sweet, kind tribute to Gram. If she read this I'm sure she'd be so touched she'd turn into the weeping and wailing Della we all know so well. I agree, she's the best. :)