Wednesday, October 15, 2008

time thieves, peeping toms, and smiles

Chase woke up very early this morning. (5:00am). So I put her in bed with me hoping she would fall back to sleep. She did not. I then decided to stick her infront of the T.V. (gotta love the Disney channel) hoping it would relax her into maybe just a few more hours of sleep.Am I a bad mother for this? Maybe. But I cherish my sleep. While she is watching T.V I hop on the internet to do the usual.....check the blog...facebook...myspace...ksl....etc etc etc and before I know it a lot of time has passed, time I spent on the internet, time Chase spent watching T.V. I didnt realize all the time that had passed until Chase came in and grabbed my hand, led me to the couch and snuggled up to me, which led me to think "I should have been doing this all along. Its so much more fun!" Ah, the things our children will teach us.
That is the tender part of the story, this is the creepy part.
We are snuggled on the couch enjoying Mickey Mouse Club House, when I see a face in our living room window. What the?? To say the least it scared me to death. You see, the window in our living room is very close to our front door, and for some unknown reason people get the urge to look right in our living room window to see if we are home and what we are doing before they actually ring the door bell (keep in mind you dont walk past this window to get to the front door, if you wanted to look in the window you would have to go out of your way to do so). This bothers me to no end. Its makes me wish I would have got blinds, instead of my lovely curtains (which apparently when are opened people see as an invitation to just look right in). So, it turns out I actually knew the peeping tom, and I guess they were just seeing if we were home (said with extreme annoyance), instead of just ringing the door bell. So please, if you come to my home, knock on the door or ring the doorbell. I can no longer be responsible for my actions if I see another random face in my window.

What do the above pics have to do with anything? They don't.They are just my latest attempts at capturing a smile on camra from Chase. She has this funny habit of turning away or screaming whenever a camra is pointed at her and someone says "smile!", or anything else that could possibly be said or done to get a child to smile for a pic. She actually really likes doing just the opposite of what anyone tells her to do.
Smile or no smile, she is still the cutest thing I have ever laid eyes on.

3 comments:

Humanist mom said...

That is so weird. I have known you since the day I was born and never once have I looked in your windows. Who do these people think they are?

Chad and Sara said...

I am sorry that people can't wait for you to answer the door before they see you and peek in your windows instead. Wierd and creepy. Any weeknight or Saturday during the day would work for me. I need a GNO so bad so I will definetly be there just let me know.

Starr said...

Someone PLEASE call me on the gno. I am in. Thanks! We will be making a trip by your house sometime soon, but I will try to call, and if I just come by I promise not to look in. Chase is sooo cute!