Friday, October 3, 2008

Today I vowed

to never take Chase to the grocery store with me again. She threw a tantrum (whats new?) because I wouldn't let her out of the cart. I made the mistake of putting a jar of salsa within her reach. She picked up the jar of salsa and threw it to the ground, and I watched helplessly as it shattered everywhere in the aisle. The flood gates opened. I was at my wits end. I just wanted to disappear. I was beyond grateful for the incredibly kind woman in the aisle with me who looked at me with the look of understanding in her eyes and told me not to worry, she would go get someone to clean it up. Lesson learned? No.
Mall, today, Chase in stroller, another tantrum. I let her get out of the stoller to walk, and she bolts. I am chasing her down the mall (I guess her name is appropriate...). I finally get it under control, and the oh so nice lady behind me in line gives Chase a sticker (because of course the millions of treats I packed to bribe her into obedience are of no use). So this blog is a thank you to those nice people for not looking judgingly, but with understanding and helping me out. I am so very grateful.

Oh yes, and I can't end this without mentioning her new love of putting all things on her head. She will take off her pants and put them on her head. She will literally drape a blanket over her face and walk around the house until she smacks into something, and then laugh hysterically. Its awesome.

1 comment:

Humanist mom said...

One dat at Target, Stella was in a super grumpy mood so I got her a slushie hoping it would lighten the mood. Well, here we are walking down the tampon isle when she decides to throw her full cup of red slushie to the ground. I know that helpless feeling as you sit and watch as the drink splatters on the floor and all over the tampon boxes. It was mortifying. I didn't even know what to do. So, here's to the moms that have temper tantrum children and don't beat them.