Sunday, April 26, 2009

Birthday weekend 2009.

Yes folks. I am now 27 yrs old. Insane isn't it? Not really.
We went to St. George for the weekend to celebrate, and just kindof get away. I have now realized (for the 10th time) that its not really considered a "get away" when you have a very feisty 2 yr old with you (we wonder how we will do this with 2 crazy kids instead of just 1??). I mean, when I say "get away" don't you have visions of sun, fun, and relaxation? We had the sun and fun part, but there was no relaxation. Now that I think about it, I need a massage.
The weather was so perfect the first day we were there. We had to swim. Chase hated it at first, then she loved it. We had to tell her she could be like the little mermaid if she got in the pool. That seemed to do the trick. Silly girl. Every year it takes her a good long while to warm up to swimming.

And what a smokin hot Dad she has.


Blowing bubbles with Grandpa.

And can I just say that St. George has the BEST parks EVER. At this particular park there was a wading pool/stream/water fall/fountain the kids can play in. It was so fun! Chase loved it! But of course Jamison and I weren't thinking clearly and didn't bring any sort of swim apparel..so she was sopping wet in her clothes..having the time of her life. I love this picture. Who new water could bring such pure joy?

Why wear your flip flops the normal way, when you can wear them like this?

Whilst Chase was playing at another one of St. George's awesome parks (why doesn't Salt Lake have cool parks like these?) She fell and hit her nose and lip pretty hard resulting in a nose bleed. In case you are wondering, that is my Mom's hand in the picture, and she is handing me a maxi pad to help absorb the amount of blood from the nose bleed. Yes, I to was thinking "what the hell?". You can see it in my face.

observing a ladybug on a leaf.
The End.
I am exhausted. Now I just need 3 days of sleep to make up for this 3 day vacation.

6 comments:

Leigh and Craig said...

Happy birthday to you! And that little Chase is so adorable. Doesn't it make you excited to have another? Or does it just make you tired to think about that. Kinda makes me tired. Anyway, keep taking those pics. You are a talented lady

The Airharts said...

Ha ha-I need a serious vactaion without kids too! Hadley has that same suit-I love the little ruffle around the top! Also -have you ever taking chase to the splash pad in heriman-it's the same idea, and fantastic! Happy birthday-I didnt realize that we are the same age-my birthday was in march.

Humanist mom said...

Nice! Sounds fabulous. I am going to have to find out the address for those parks next time we are in St George. I hope you had a fabulous b-day and lets go get some porcupine.

Starr said...

Can I tell you that your pictures already look fab?! I need a new Canon come to think of it! Happy late Bday. PS Salt Lake does have a cool park, Liberty Park! AND it's 3 minutes from my house! It has wading pools, playgrounds & those water fountainy things too. Just an update/hint for you to come to my house soon, dammiT!!

Sophia said...

Your family is so cute, I love that little Chase. Lets get together! This time for reals.

Chad and Sara said...

I know its late but Happy Birthday! Chase is growing up so fast. She is so cute. You missed all of our crapy weather here so I am glad you got away. Us girls need to go out and do something!